- Kyiv, UA
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
As a Senior Technical Writer, you’ll be embedded in product teams to tackle complex problems and produce helpful, informative guides for our teams. You’ll set the example for best practices in user-centered technical writing amongst your peers as part of our cross-functional teams.
Defining and characterizing new requirements based on product strategy and customer needs;
- Writing feature, stories, and requirements documents — PRDs;
- Working closely with multiple departments: CRM and Analysis, B2C, Compliance and Support, Technologies, etc.;
- Gather user needs, perform gap analysis;
- Create both functional and non-functional requirement specifications;
- Consult development/test teams during the implementation phase;
- Validation of implemented results;
- Resolve any issues faced by the team;
- Show off newly implemented functionalities to the stakeholders;
- Synchronization/ negotiation with other development teams regarding integration.
- We’re looking for you if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in system analysis and product management (including writing functional requirements or detailed design documents);
- Previous experience in Agile methodology — an advantage;
- Experience from an internet or software companies;
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate the highest impact initiatives;
- Excellent written and verbal English level and presentation skills;
- Strong team player, excellent interpersonal and service skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, well organized, multi-tasking;
- Ability to learn and adjust quickly to a dynamic and changing environment.
With technology as your main problem solving skill you will bring value to the customers and feel the impact you make as an engineer. Seeing the results fuels us to keep innovating.
- Ever-growing product that leads the industry and cutting-edge tech solutions with freedom in experiments will affect your rapid growth as a professional.
- Transparency and equality no matter what title you have. We’re growing but we aren’t losing our startup spirit. Work in a supportive responsive atmosphere of hungry, humble, smart people who’re united with one focus - quality product.
- We’re empowering our team to do their best work. Great salary package, stock options, flexible scheduling & paid vacation and sick leave period. We promote being family-focused, and respect your desire to work from home when required.
- Nowadays health is a priority. We’ll make sure you have what you need to lead a healthy life - VIP medical insurance, wellness benefits, access to mental health vetted programs and resources.
- Your professional growth and opportunities for education matters. That’s why we set up a yearly education budget for conferences, professional events, courses, reimburse English classes and create coaching & mentor programs.
- Engineering Department in Kyiv, UA, and Headquarter in San Jose, CA, US
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.