- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Business Applications
Finance & Data Team
To support our fast global growth, we’re looking for a Chief Accountant, and we hope it’s you!
What’s the role about?
As a Chief Accountant, you will take the lead in our closing processes and take responsibility for the accounting topics of the team across the legal entities of our international group.
You’ll be part of the Finance & Data Team, reporting to our Accounting, Tax & Treasury Manager, and you’ll be interacting both with internal stakeholders, as well as with external advisors & auditors.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a key member of the Accounting Team on their journey to international scale!
What company will you join?
Silverfin reinvents the way financial advisors work. Our cloud-based SaaS technology allows accountancy firms and financial advisors to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Growing rapidly since our start in 2013, we have completed funding rounds with international investors like Index Ventures & Hg Capital. They help us accelerate our international expansion.
Originating from Belgium, we have successfully launched activities in the Benelux, UK and Nordics. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing client base in 12 countries with 160+ colleagues. And we continue to grow on a daily basis!
How will your month look like?
An average month will be filled with a wide range of activities:
- Taking the ownership of the monthly and year-end closing processes according to local analytical accounting standards, as well as building towards IFRS standards
- Owning the G/L accounting operations & reconciliations, and verify the correctness of information
- Supporting ad-hoc questions and monitoring the accuracy of the balance sheet and P&L statements of all legal entities across the Group
- Installing standardization of work-methods and roll-out supporting documentation, including updates & maintenance of our accounting playbook
- Being a key user in optimisation of accounting tools and ERP, and iterate processes towards increased efficiency
- Following accounting/fiscal legislation & regulation in our existing markets, as well as prepare upon request for new markets
- Growing towards a key contact for external auditors & accounting advisors
- Exploring, analyzing and implementing accounting and/or audit process improvements in close collaboration with our Accounting Manager
Are you the perfect match?
In addition to proven experience in accounting & a degree in Finance/Accounting, you have:
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience (in SaaS is a plus)
- A healthy passion for numbers. After all, you’ll be facing them on a daily basis
- A good affinity with technology (knowledge of Silverfin is a plus)
- Some flexibility and the ability to perform under pressure (e.g. closing or compliance deadline peaks)
- Critical thinking, process driven, hands-on and global mindset. Your suggestions will be embraced, but we expect you to take the initiative and come up with them.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail. Only right & precise numbers satisfy you at the end of the day.
- Fluent communication and literacy skills in Dutch & English, helping you communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers.
What do we offer in return?
- In return for your dedication, we offer you a job that scores more than triple A!
- A fast-paced, no-nonsense FinTech scale-up in an international scene
- A fully digital and data-driven company culture
- A thriving work environment with lots of enthusiastic people joining forces
- A competitive reward including fringe benefits
- A growing team in a growing company
- A strong supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruits and… drinks on Friday!
Eager to hear more?
Feel free to reach out, so we can get to know each other!