- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
We know you’re wanted and stalked by recruiters on LinkedIn, so let’s not waste your time and get to the gist of it.
We are looking to grow our small Cloud Infrastructure team (short: ops) from three to four people. We are fully remote. We maintain 12+ Kubernetes clusters on Google Cloud Platform. Our infrastructure spans 400 (primarily short-lived) VMs. We build our infrastructure to last by applying best practices and modern technologies and keeping our tech debt under control. We’re a lean ops team looking at scaling to 50+ or even 100+ clusters in the mid-term future.
Infrastructure is maintained in Terraform, stateless workloads are in Kubernetes, stateful workloads are currently on VMs managed with Chef. Besides keeping Silverfin running and scalable across multiple regions, we also make sure other teams can leverage our infrastructure through self-service.
- Your work hours have some overlap with EU business hours (we require your local timezone to be within CET +/- 3h)
- Soft skills (aka, the real hard skills)
- Someone with devops affinity (as in collaborating with dev and other teams)
- A Linux expert
- Infrastructure as Code
- Configuration Management
- Kubernetes / containers
- Fluent in at least one development language (scripting is OK)
- You are able to work and communicate asynchronously (we have no bus factor in our team!)
- DBA or PostgreSQL expert is a plus
- Experience with Ruby (on Rails) is a plus
Don’t worry, we don’t expect you to perfectly check all the boxes. We are looking for someone that is both willing to learn and can contribute to our own learnings.
Silverfin is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
What we offer
- Actual, proper work-life balance
- Exciting work of coordinating large scale infrastructure
- Advance your skillset and career by being pushed out of your comfort zone in an achievable manner
- Having as much weight as the next one in our flat, self-managed, high performant ops team
- We have an on-call rotation, but the amount of pages is VERY low (and it’s on us to keep it that way)
- A salary range of €69.000 - €115.000 a year
- Compensation for being on call (half a day of pay per week + off-time)
- Choose your own working hours and work 100% remotely
- Possibility to work part-time (4-day working week)
- Personal growth training and opportunities
- Join distributed remote-first engineering teams with 25 colleagues in over 14 different countries
- A refreshing work environment with professional, friendly, and welcoming colleagues
- A €1000 yearly personal budget for conferences, courses, workshops, or other expenses that will improve your skills
- We offer monthly company-wide Wellbeing Days for all employees (10 days off in 2022)