- Mexico City
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Design & UI
At Sofia, we want to change the way millions of people take care of their health by offering a plan that is more complete, simpler to understand, and closer to anyone who wants to live a healthier life. We want to build a thriving community that deeply changes the way the health system works.
About the role
As the Head of Product Design at Sofía you’ll have the opportunity to shape the Product Design team and make a big leap in the user experience and value Sofía offers to our users.
We are looking for an experienced and creative leader striving to deliver the best product and experience by incorporating users’ needs, business goals, and tech/design possibilities to help people improve the way people take care of their health!
In this role, you will...
- Lead the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Operations, Data Science, and Marketing counterparts to shape a better experience for the overall product offering
- Coach, hire, and oversee the Product Design team at Sofía
- Manage the team’s performance, workload, and career development
- Establish and evolve a world-class process and workflows that allow us to ship high-quality and efficiently
- Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles
- Be a champion of our culture principles
- You are a great fit for this role if you have...
- 4+ years of experience in hiring and managing a design team
- 6+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio showcasing excellent product design work (even if it consists of or includes work done by your team)
- The ability to measure and clearly articulate the value of design within the company
- The ability to strategize and execute end-to-end design process with your team: shaping up problems, exploring solutions, prototyping, testing and implementation
- The ability to manage a team, projects, and resources
- The sensibility to prioritize opportunities and the amount of work/focus to invest in each
- Strategic and critical thinking, paired with flexibility and being open-minded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
Bonus points if...
- You have experience methodically developing designers’ skills and careers
- You excel at motivating and inspiring people to do their best work
- You excel at processing both qualitative and quantitative insights into your decision-making process
- Work on an ambitious mission to improve how people take care of their health.
- Intentional freedom. We believe in a flexible environment where you have the freedom to make your job match your lifestyle and own those decisions.
- Competitive salary.
- Sofía’s Health Plan.
- Stock Option Plan.
- 20 flexible vacation days per year + official holidays.
- A driven and talented team that will challenge you to go further everyday.