- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Development
The Demand Planner is responsible for the Sales and Operations (S&OP) Governance for specific accounts within the region. The role is heavy on Demand Planning with deliverables including timely forecast submission, forecast accuracy, channel inventory management, collaborative forecasting and monthly business reporting & analysis. The channel operations manager objectively and critically evaluates and challenges inputs to the demand planning process, performs ad-hoc analysis on trends and growth and owns the forecast from creation to execution.
The Demand Planner is the main point of contact for our internal stakeholders including the Go To Market (GTM) account sales managers, Finance (FP&A) counterparts, the regional allocations manager and account fulfillment coordinators. Additionally, this role owns the operational relationship with our external partners and is their main point of contact for operations and planning.
What You’ll Do
- Own the Local Channel Forecast Process from Creation to its Execution:
- Reliably run a CPFR Process with our key Partners as input into the Forecasting Process
- Prepare and submit monthly and weekly demand forecasts based on channel partner, local sales insights & Sonos driven activities with a focus on Sell In, Sell Thru and Revenue.
- Responsible for the Local S&OP Governance (Monthly & Weekly S&OP Cycle)
- Local point of contact for sales, finance, allocations & fulfillment representing Operations.
- Responsible for the Monthly Business Review (MBR) Planning Package run with GTM & Finance.
- Optimize Channel Inventory via a robust local allocation process
- Monitor and adjust Sell Thru/Sell In forecasts to optimize channel inventories.
- Interface with the Regional Allocation manager to resolve or highlight supply/demand related business risks & opportunities
- Monitor, adjust and allocate (local) supplies to improve On Shelf Availability and Channel Inventory Metrics.
- Develop allocation process relevant to local Go To Market setup
- Responsible for Operational KPI’s along with corrective action plans with a focus on Sell in and Sell Thru analytics
- Consult with Sales leaders to develop and improve forecast reports that will assist them in the analysis of their business and decision making.
- Channel Data Quality Assurance
- Locally drive Operations Projects and Process Improvements
- Collaborate cross functionally to ensure a smooth and efficient execution of Regional to local projects and programs.
- Involved with the development and implementation of Demand Planning Processes & Toolsets / metrics for local use.
- Ongoing performance analysis / improvements
- The Channel Operations Manager reports to the Operations & Planning Director for the Region.
- Must establish and maintain trusted advisor relationships with Sales, Marketing and Finance counterparts.
- You interact closely with Sales Leadership & Finance along with the planning team to prepare monthly demand & revenue forecasts and Monthly Business Review (MBR) Performance Decks.
- You are confident in navigating multi region and multi cultural nuances.
- You are the operational eyes and ears towards your Account Managers in GTM providing them with forecasting insights as well as demand results against forecast.
- You interact closely with the Regional Allocation Manager to resolve or flag supply or demand opportunities and risks.
- You interact closely with your fulfillment coordinator to translate your tactical plan into reality.
- Strategic Operations manager for Projects.
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ years of Planning experience (demand or supply) in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry or equivalent industry experience or relevant Internships/Coursework
- BA degree in the field of Supply Chain, Finance or Business or relative industry experience
- Strong business acumen, and proven ability to act as trusted advisor to business partners including cross functional Senior Leadership.
- Articulate and able to navigate relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical skillset with attention to detail.
- Curious lateral thinker able to see and understand the big picture while willing and able to deep dive to understand trends to formulate insights.
- Understanding of Integrated Business Planning and S&OP process and governance.
- Hands on approach and self-starter attitude.
- Experience in Finished Goods/Component Supply planning and/or Supply and Demand balancing
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.