- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Data Science
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
The Advanced Technology group works at the intersection of audio signal processing, sensor fusion, machine learning, acoustics, and human listening. We define and deliver the core technologies that enable new and unique listening experiences from Sonos products. We are a cross disciplinary team of researchers, audio engineers, data scientists, and software engineers, working together to identify and realise how audio technology can be used to shape and define the sound experiences of the future.
The Research Operations team plays a critical role within Advanced Technology, supporting research at every step, from the spark of an idea to delivery of an experience-enabling SDK. We allow researchers to dream big, with tools and infrastructure they need to innovate; mature technologies using prototypes and simulations; and package research outcomes into production-ready software libraries.
Who You Are:
- A passionate, curious problem solver who equally enjoys learning brand new skills to tackle a novel problem, and utilizing their existing domain expertise
- An open and honest collaborator who loves to share their knowledge and learn from others
- A trusted team member whose respect for others shows up every day
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers to design and implement hardware and software solutions for investigations, data collection, and experience demonstrations
- Support research efforts with tools and infrastructure to eliminate time-sinks and pain-points
- Convert and package algorithmic research outputs into robust, thoroughly documented, production-ready software libraries
- Collaborate with software teams to define APIs and interfaces to integrate new technologies into products
What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering, plus 2-years industry experience, or 4+ years in a development/software-engineering role
- Expertise in Python or C/C++
- Comfortable using GNU/Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Comfortable working with teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States or United Kingdom
- Experience with RTOS/embedded/low-power systems
- Experience setting up resources and tools for cloud-based machine learning or high-performance computing
- Deep GNU/Linux expertise
- Comfortable working in MATLAB
- Experience with common prototyping hardware, eg Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc
- Experience with AWS or other cloud data pipelines and services
- Understanding of basic acoustics and audio principles, signal flow, etc