- San Francisco
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Data Science
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
We have an unquenchable thirst for data at Sonos. By understanding how our customers listen in their homes (and beyond), we use data to guide and influence the product direction and improve the customer experience. Do you love digging around in piles of complex data looking for interesting patterns and insights? Are you adept at taking challenging business questions and solving them creatively with data? Are you excited to guide those around you to think in more data-focused ways? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
What you’ll do
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define business questions, translate those into data problems and ensure we define, capture, process, analyze and model data in order to reach a solution in a scalable way. You have the experience and creativity to figure out which statistical techniques or algorithms to use.
- Unearth insights from large volumes of IoT data and tell compelling stories through dashboards and visualizations in order to guide strategic decision-making.
- Lead projects; breaking down the end-to-end analytics into bite size chunks.
- Mentor junior data scientists. Help create an inclusive and cooperative environment where everyone can do their best work and grow their skills.
- Identify opportunities where Sonos would benefit from applying data-driven decision making and applied machine learning techniques; work with the data team to build prototypes and productionalize them.
- Engage engineering teams and product leaders by communicating insights and analyses in a way that is accessible and deepens their understanding of the customer and the product.
Skills you’ll need
- 5+ years experience working in data science field, applying statistical data analysis to real-world problems.
- 5+ years experience with data transformation and analysis tools and languages including SQL, R, and Python.
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience communicating (written and verbally) in a cross-functional environment – you enjoy telling a story with data and sharing the output of your work with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of machine learning solutions and optimization techniques and experience applying them in pragmatic ways to business problems.
- Experience mentoring junior data scientists and helping them develop and grow.