- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Design & UI
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
As a CMF Designer, you will support the creation of strategic palette development across our product portfolio. You will ensure CMF strategies support and further enhance the brand experience.
You will be involved in every aspect of the CMF design process. This includes trend research, analysis and translation, story creation, material innovation, and development of CMF strategy. You bring knowledge of materials innovation to the team and have the technical knowledge to translate a creative vision into production solutions. You love solving CMF problems and are passionate about bringing responsible solutions to the table.
If you’re looking to learn how to navigate real-world production challenges and resolve them through design, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do
- Portfolio required for consideration.
- Ideate, visualize, and develop design proposals for colors, materials, and finishes.
- Explore and influence the development of responsible material efforts in support of our Product Sustainability commitments.
- Build strategy presentation material, honing your storytelling skills.
- Partner with ID to define the CMF point of view at a product program level.
- Contribute to multiple product programs at once, working closely with multidisciplinary teams to resolve real-world CMF design challenges.
- Manage CMF product specifications for products in development from concept to production.
What You’ll Need
- Background in Design or Engineering (chemical, materials or equivalent).
- 5+ years of CMF experience.
- Overall understanding of manufacturing and decoration processes.
- Ability to think creatively and critically across a range of problem types while keeping sight of portfolio level goals.
- Acute attention to detail while spanning across numerous projects and a proven track record in making subjective calls.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a mixed team environment.
- Proficient with Keyshot, In Design.
- High degree of color acuity per Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Color Test.
- Able to understand and receive creative and constructive feedback.
- Experience with Product Sustainability.