- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Design & UI
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Sonos defined the multi-room music category, and we’ve built a premium brand around easy and delightful home listening experiences. Where will we go next and how will our experiences evolve?
We’re looking for an exceptionally creative designer to join the User Experience team and help drive the vision for new Sonos experiences. Reporting to the Head of User Experience, this is an exceptional opportunity to define compelling new experiences at the intersection of software, hardware and content, and help shape the future of Sonos.
What You’ll Do
- Work with user experience, user research, HW design, product managers, engineering and brand to explore, prototype and champion new and delightful user experiences.
- Drive from raw insights and user research to create product concepts that are experientially enjoyable, technically feasible, and commercially viable.
- Be a creative powerhouse representing the user, design and experience, and a collaborative partner who reaches out and brings the right cross-functional colleagues along on compelling concepts.
- Be an inspiring creative presence and mentor other designers at the front-end of the design process where we explore new ideas and hone them into new product directions.
What You’ll Need
- You have 10+ years as a user experience designer, with a rich track record of shipping easy and delightful consumer products and a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
- You have proven mastery at the front end of the design process, crafting unique, successful product directions based on real user needs, customer research and market insights.
- You are exceptional at rendering and conveying conceptual ideas and the rationale behind them, as well as championing those concepts through the reality of the development process.
- You instinctively see the power and utility of prototyping (and enjoy it!) while using the right tools to share and hone your designs.
- You have a relentless focus on the user, and you’re always the voice of the customer, seeking out new inspiration at every opportunity.
- You’re driven, self motivated, and always take the initiative.
- You embrace ambiguity, and faced with a blank sheet of paper and a pencil you see nothing but opportunity and creative potential.
- You have worked on both digital and physical products.
- You have worked in distributed teams and understand how to be most effective when you can’t always be in the same room, or even the same time zone, as your collaborators.
- You have proven experience mentoring other designers.
- Please include your updated portfolio link and password.