- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Design & UI
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
As a front end engineer, you will be an integral part of a team delivering new products that bring Sonos value to the professional realm. You will build experiences that make it easier for system integrators to install Sonos and for business owners to manage their systems. You’ll view shipping V1 as the start of a journey and will rapidly and continuously learn from our customers and iterate.
What You’ll Do
- Develop software that enhances the user experience informed by the user’s role and persona.
- Bring new and existing aspects of the Sonos experience to the browser by working in areas from the top to bottom of the web application stack.
- Develop software that consistently provides insight into its usage, health and performance in the field.
- Work closely with partner teams to understand, build upon, and adapt existing tech to accomplish new high value scenarios.
Skills You’ll Need
- Minimum 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Proven track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable web applications.
- Degree in Computer Science, related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Unrelenting customer focus.
- Passion for elegant, efficient and scalable software development approaches.
- Experience with strong typing via TypeScript or Flow.
- You are a polyglot who is excited to bring your horsepower to bear across a variety of problem spaces and technologies.