- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos is seeking an Electrical Engineer, passionate about electrical circuit design, to join the group of highly motivated, collaborative Engineers who are developing our next generation audio products. The Electrical Engineering team at Sonos creates the Embedded System used by our Software and Audio Engineers to deliver great sounding music to our customers. As a member of this team you are expected to work across the organization collecting requirements that feed your design work that will go on to make our products successful.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all the Electrical Engineering deliverables into the cross functional Product Teams.
- Work across disciplines to gather design input and formalize that input into a Comprehensive Design Specification
- Align the needs presented in the Design Specification with an embedded design architecture and supporting peripherals that meet the overall system design targets.
- Ensure final design meets its specified goals through rigorous analytical reviews and physical testing that is compliant with all industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- When needed, support Software Development with Programmable FPGA or uC.
- Remain current with technology trends in highly efficient Embedded Solutions and their Peripherals.
- Some coast to coast or international travel
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent STEM degree, with 4+ years of related industry experience OR Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent STEM degree 2+ years of related industry experience
- Technically inquisitive - must be able to take on new technical challenges and learn new technical skills on-the-fly and apply the knowledge to solve the issue at hand.
- Detailed-oriented, with genuine curiosity about “how and why”.
- Passionate about your work! Strong sense of ownership and excellent time management
- Ability to actualize designs as well as explain design decisions to others based on fundamental electrical principles.
- Well-developed reporting and communication skills, including the ability to explain and summarize complicated issues.
- Experience with modern digital system design. This should include a solid understanding of how to design peripheral support for an embedded CPU. Examples of that understanding include design knowledge of various memory standards (JEDEC DDR and MMC) and various serial IO standards ranging from KHz to GHz operating speeds.
- Experience with low voltage power architectures needed to underpin modern digital design. This should include design of DC to DC regulation down to 1V with a buck or LDO circuit based on required load, efficiencies, and device input limits
- Strong test validation development and trouble shooting background