- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
Electrical Engineer – Continuing and Sustaining Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with demonstrated electrical design and sustaining engineering skills to join our growing team.
As part of the Sonos Continuing and Sustaining Engineering (CaSE) team you will help drive all design changes for feature enhancement, cost reduction and performance improvement to Sonos products once they are released into mass production. Challenges include: keeping up with ever-expanding manufacturing volumes, finding and testing ideas for product improvements, improving yields and driving down costs, improving product reliability and sustainability, and enhancing manufacturing reproducibility.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, test, implement and support product redesign/refresh and cost-reduction projects.
- Support traditional sustaining responsibilities such as failure analysis, component qualifications and performance improvements.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams to drive a design change for a specific purpose.
- Provide “lessons-learned” feedback to the Product Development team and participate in design reviews to ensure that the next generation of Sonos products are better than ever.
- Partner cross-functionally with Quality and Customer Support to fully understand the user experience and any design change implications.
- Work directly with our Compliance Engineering team to ensure our product’s continued compliance with regulations and international standards.
- Drive continuous improvements in engineering processes and best practices.
What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidate will have a combination of electrical design and sustaining engineering work experience and demonstrated technical abilities.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of electrical engineering experience, preferably in product development of consumer electronics. Digital experience is preferred. Audio experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience in related technical discipline.
- Ability to propose, set up, and execute design validation testing plans with limited guidance.
- Experience with a wide variety of test equipment including: oscilloscopes; multimeters; network, spectrum and impedance analyzers; active and current probes; thermocouples.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand system-level issues.
- Experience with schematic entry and PCB layout tools.
- Experience with data collection and statistical analysis methods.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, to recognize the level of urgency of problems and to prioritize tasks.
- Technically inquisitive – must be able to take on new technical challenges, learn new technical skills on-the-fly and apply that knowledge to solve the issue at hand.
- Well-developed reporting skills (written technical communications), including the ability to summarize complicated issues.