- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Boston Labs team is responsible for supporting all SONOS engineering departments. We support the Hardware team both Analog and Digital, HWV team with thermal setup and testing, the CaSE team with 2nd source component verification testing. The candidate will work with other team members performing various characterizations of our products.
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross functionally on new product builds, rework, debug, prototype, and development
- Perform detailed signal integrity and characterization measurements
- Setup and perform thermal analysis on various products and devices
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Experience in a hardware design and/or support environment
- Proven ability to do hands on engineering work e.g. rework, soldering (0201 and larger), test methodology, design, product debug, and prototyping
- Proficiency using electronic test equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, programmable power supplies.
- Understanding of hardware development best practices in the following functional areas: analog and digital.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including inventory tracking, keeping hardware components and tool organized
- Candidate majoring for BSEE or equivalent technical training
- Able to act quickly, switch tasks to accommodate changing priorities without losing focus on overall goals
- Can work independently and take ownership of open issues
Sonos is a sound experience company. We connect millions of listeners all around the world to the content they want, where and how they want it. Since inventing multiroom wireless audio in 2005, we have continuously innovated the listening experience, designing hardware and software that celebrates sound, empowers our customers, and brings the home to life. Our team is made up of passionate players united by a culture of respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership who want to inspire the world to listen better.
Covid-19 Health and Safety
In response to the global pandemic, we have continued to prioritize the health, safety and wellness of our employees around the world. Our offices remain closed with a few exceptions. Our Covid Vaccination Policy requires proof of Covid vaccination in the U.S. and U.S. new hires will be required to provide proof of current Covid vaccination on or before their first day of employment. In Europe and Asia Pacific, we are following national and local Covid guidelines as outlined in the policy.