- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
Sonos seeks a Mechanical Engineer who can lead the mechanical development of our world class wireless audio and home theater components. The successful candidate will be joining a team of highly skilled, energetic Mechanical Engineers who collaborate as a team and help each other solve complex design challenges. The team is a diverse group of detail oriented, naturally inquisitive, and driven individuals committed to creating great products.
In the course of this work, you are expected to exemplify Sonos behaviors of Respect, Collaboration, Ownership, and Transparency. Sonos believes that listening is essential to human progress, culture and happiness. Come help realize this belief by creating great sound through premium design.
Description- Product mechanical design ownership from design concept to high volume production
- Development and execution on new mechanical architecture and materials
- Creation of models/prototypes to articulate design concepts, evaluate functionality, and understand early structural performance
- Close and collaborative partnership with mechanical, electrical & industrial design team in the US on design details and refinement
- Detailed design and 2D documentation of all parts and assemblies
- Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, and thermal and structural analysis
- Development of manufacturing processes, tooling concepts and functional & cosmetic specifications by working with external vendors and internal manufacturing teams
- Travel to support build activities including finding root cause for failures and solutions for issues that impede build progress. Approximately 30~50%.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering; Product Development; acoustical product related design or similar and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical principles, theories, and concepts in mechanical engineering and ability to employ sound project management.
- Mechanical Design – Expertise regarding mechanical development and design change processes and related documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of CAD/CAE tools (Preferably with Siemens NX 11.0 or greater).
- Demonstrated strong ability to successfully lead the completion of major programs, processes and/or projects.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to focus efforts, overcome obstacles and complete key objectives.
- Flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- Continuous learner that seeks out challenges to improve skills.
- Innovative “out of the box” thinker that gets things done.
- Team-minded with ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and vendors.
- Good written and verbal English and Chinese communications skills