- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Radio and seamless wireless streaming are pillars of our promise to deliver the ultimate home music experience. This role is critical in driving high quality, new radio designs that empower all cross-functional teams to achieve the product experience targets.
As a Principal Radio Systems Engineer, you will lead a small team to develop, validate, and transition new Radio System designs to volume production. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to drive innovation and meet challenging delivery schedules in a creative and fast paced environment. Design, simulate, and analyze dual-band 2.4/5GHz Radio Systems using circuit and system level.
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for the system architecture and chipset selection.
- Create schematics for the radio system and drive PCB layout design.
- Perform system bring up, debugging, optimization, and performance verification.
- Characterize full system (receiver and transmitter) performance as well as peripheral devices such as: RFIC transceivers, LNA’s, PA’s etc. Characterization includes measuring essential parametrics such as sensitivity, power, EVM, linearity, etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative radio solutions which meet a challenging Product Function Spec.
- Oversee the transition from initial development to high volume manufacturing.
- Support wireless related production problems and be able to contribute in a constructive way.
- Provide support to our compliance team for regulatory certifications (FCC/IC/ETSI etc.).
- Support SW, Digital EE, and platform teams.
- Deliver high-level technical presentations to a broad cross-functional audience.
- Mentor and develop junior level engineers.
Skills You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience developing RF hardware and/or radio subsystems. Which includes intimate understanding of RF board and system level design.
- Experience in the commercial wireless field of RF, RFIC, RF systems, or (digital) radio communication applications.
- Background in analyzing RF systems and understanding high level performance trade offs within the RF design.
- Knowledge of RF circuits such as PAs, LNAs, Mixers, PLLs, etc.
- Hands on experience with board level integration, RF troubleshooting, matching networks and working understanding of antenna systems.
- Solid understanding of RF test and verification equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, frequency/function generators.
- Display courage to innovate and also to not be afraid to admit or make mistakes.