- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer, passionate about electrical circuit design, to join the group of highly motivated, collaborative Engineers who are responsible for the development of our next generation audio products. The Electrical Engineering team at Sonos creates the Embedded System used by our Software and Audio Engineers to deliver premium sound to our customers. As a senior member of this team you will own the Embedded System for a new Sonos product and will interface directly with the cross functional team that takes that product from inception to production.
This position can be based either in our Santa Barbara or Boston office. Relocation is available.
What You’ll Do
- As the owner of a product’s Embedded Design you will personally manage all the Digital Electrical Engineering deliverables into a cross-functional Product Team.
- Working across disciplines to gather design input and formalize that input into a Comprehensive Design Specification
- Aligning the needs presented in the Design Specification with an embedded design architecture and supporting peripherals that meet the overall system design targets.
- Ensuring the final design meets its specified goals through rigorous analytical reviews and physical testing and that it is compliant with all industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- When needed, you will support Software Development with Programmable FPGA or uC.
- You will strive to remain current in all Technology trends that support highly efficient Embedded Solutions and Peripheral support.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent STEM degree, with 10+ years of related industry experience OR Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent STEM degree with 6+ years of related industry experience
- Technically inquisitive - must be able to take on new technical challenges and learn new technical skills on-the-fly and apply the knowledge to solve the issue at hand.
- Detailed-oriented, with genuine curiosity about “how and why”.
- Passionate about your work! Strong sense of ownership and excellent time management
- Ability to execute on designs as well as explain design decisions to others based on fundamental electrical principles.
- Well-developed reporting and communication skills, including the ability to explain and summarize complicated issues.
- Experience with modern digital system design. This should include a solid understanding of how to design peripheral support for an embedded CPU. Examples of that understanding include design knowledge of various memory standards (JEDEC DDR and MMC) and various serial IO standards ranging from KHz to GHz operating speeds.
- Strong test validation development and troubleshooting background
- Experience with low voltage power architectures needed to support a modern digital design. This should include design of DC to DC regulation down to 1V with a BUCK or LDO circuit based on required load, efficiencies, and device input limits
- Experience with high speed (100+ MHz), constraint driven PCB Design. Constraints should be sourced from component or interface standard review as well as high speed simulation results (Spice/IBIS).
- Familiarity with C/C++ and the ability to work within a Linux Processor Development Structure, modifying drivers and building executable binaries.