- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Engineering QA
The Manufacturing Quality Manager(Individual Contributor) will be partner with operation team to develop a framework and strategy for implementing and maintaining CM quality management system, social responsibility, and processes compliance that create basis for establishment of sustainable development related activities. In addition, the candidate will work with Operation team to drive CMs continuous improvement systematically with clear strategy, goals, and target.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in designing and implementing supplier quality management systems, and be capable of leading the following primary responsibilities:
- Formulates and manages the development, implementation and achievement of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to quality while simultaneously managing compliance and achievement at our CM partner site.
- Promotes quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the CM partner organization.
- Maintains and improves product quality by ensuring product leaving CM facility conforms to Sonos requirements by overseeing conformance to production standards and processes, the completion of product, QMS, and compliance audits.
- Oversees the development of corrective actions to quality issues to ensure measures are in place to prevent re-occurrence and forward key information.
- In conjunction with manufacturing, develops and maintains quality through the use and application of quality tools and processes. Implements process controls and continuous improvement activities to assure that quality excursions are at a minimum.
- Manage and maintain Sonos quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes, and finished goods. Set-up and maintain accompanying controls and documentation in liaison with CM partner.
- Liaising with 3rd party auditors like CCC and UL to ensure compliance to standards and execution of the corrective action.
- Liaising with hardware development team at Sonos to have the right product reliability testing performed on the product.
- Involve in new product introduction to ensure appropriate quality tools are used early on in the program like Process FMEA, Control Plan, Design for manufacturability, Measurement system analysis and Process capability studies.
- Coordinate and conduct line readiness audit before mass production start.
- Working knowledge of statistics including six sigma principles.
- Ensure entire organization within CM partner is trained on basic Sonos quality requirements.
- Managing CM partners to ensure quality is maintained across the product range.
- Working relationship with the CM partner to have a win-win situation.
- Working with QMS to develop, implement and grow the system.
- Lean manufacturing concepts and implementation
- QMS audit processes and procedures of manufacturing site.
- Root cause problem solving along with the CM partner using the right tools.
- Ensuring advanced quality planning activities happen for product during NPI phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Experience managing CM site with soft touch.
- Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma candidates given preference.
- 5 or more years of experience in a Quality Assurance role in engineered to order manufacturing environment.
- Preferred experience with turnaround and planned change to existing systems.