- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Engineering QA
Based in Santa Barbara, CA or Boston, MA
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Radio and seamless wireless streaming are pillars of our promise to deliver the ultimate home music experience. This role is critical in driving high quality, new radio designs that empower all cross-functional teams to achieve the product experience targets.
We are seeking an experienced RF Automation Engineer to help drive our automated test solutions. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to drive innovation and meet challenging delivery schedules in a creative and fast paced environment. Our ideal candidate will be able to contribute in all areas of wireless testing, from development, characterization, compliance, and release to mass production. Come join us in making the best wireless products in the industry.
As an RF Automation Engineer, you will be a significant part of a small team developing, validating, and transitioning new RF designs to volume production.
What You’ll Do
- In this role you will be working closely with hardware and software engineers to develop test and measurement solutions to simplify RF Transceiver characterization and regulatory compliance testing.
- Engage with the product development team to review designs and to ensure DFT principles are applied early in the product design phase.
- Design, develop and implement reliable solutions for wireless testing through all phases of the product development cycle.
- Learn all facets of RF test, networking, and security.
- Work with test fixture suppliers to develop and implement cost-effective solutions for lab test and high-volume production.
- Develop/Optimize LabVIEW, Matlab, Python, and or C++ test software to collect and post process/analyze large amounts of test data.
- Create technical documentation including test spec’s, test flow, test hardware drawings, software release notes.
- Drive continuous improvement activities, such as production efficiency improvements, yield improvements, test time reduction and process optimizations.
- You proactively research and identify opportunities to improve on the needs of the team.Performing other tasks as directed or needed.
- Travel <20% of the time
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics with familiarity of RF tests and test equipment.
- 2-4 years of programming experience for test & measurement applications.
- Knowledge of different test instruments and instrument communication protocols.
- Familiar with Linux based embedded system Hardware/Software architecture, understanding of Linux based diagnostics.
- Methodical approach to coding, testing and documentation.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Design principles.
- Familiarity with software version control and bug tracking using Perforce and Jira.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Display the courage to innovate, learn from setbacks to keep moving forward.