- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Engineering QA
Santa Barbara, CA
San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Posting Locations: Seattle, Boston, San Francisco, Santa Barbara
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
As a Sr SDET for the System Software team, you will be responsible for leading automated testing of low level drivers and firmware in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Prospective candidates will be hands-on leaders who will drive design and develop test automation to run on and off target. This will require collaboration with your partners in Development and Quality to help define and execute the test strategies in order to deliver high quality products. In addition, you will work with teams of industry-leading innovators across acoustics, mechanical engineering, software engineering, hardware engineering, and user experience. If you love music, solving challenging problems and delivering high-quality products, we want to talk with you!
What You’ll Do
- Architect and deploy new automated test environments to support low level driver testing, this may require creative approaches for automating physical interactions with units under test.
- Triage and maintain existing automation and testbeds
- Work with manual test engineers to develop automation around repetitive, manual test cases
- Work with team members to develop strategies for reliability testing of the HW/SW interaction layer
- Work with team members to develop strategies for API testing of the abstraction layer used by user space applications
- Mentor other members of the team to expand their technical competencies and to adopt the best software engineering practices
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in testing IoT/Embedded systems (Preferably in a Linux environment)
- Experience developing and deploying Python packages
- Experience designing and running GIT based CI/CD pipelines
- Reading level proficiency in C/C++
- Strong C/C++ development skills
- Familiarity with low level communication protocols like I2C, PCIe, and USB
- Knowledge of Linux in both user and kernel space.
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Familiarity with Pytest
- Interest in DIY IoT and robotics projects