- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Engineering QA
Santa Barbara, CA
San Francisco, CA
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
As a Sr. SDET working as a member of the Core OS Audio software team, you will be responsible for developing effective test plans as well as automating them across our family of audio products. This will require collaboration with your partners in development and test to ensure the high quality bar of our audio and voice features. You will work independently as well as with a team of industry leading innovators in other engineering fields such as acoustics, mechanical, application software, hardware, and user experience. If you love music, solving challenging problems, and doing things the right way every time, we would like to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Understand the end-to-end signal processing pipeline and how to test.
- Collaborate with audio systems and DSP teams to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented at the end of each sprint.
- Deliver efficient and thorough automated testing.
- Develop tools for rapid prototyping of audio systems.
- Investigate and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Shape test processes to ensure exceptional sound quality.
- Mentor and guide the work of junior engineers.
- Be a passionate advocate for software quality.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Acoustic Engineering
- 5+ years of audio software test experience with strong background in DSP
- Solid understanding of audio test and measurement methods
- Solid understanding of time domain and frequency domain processing fundamentals
- Experience with audio codecs (e.g. AAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, Dolby Digital) and metadata
- Proficient in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Sound engineering or audio background
- Experience with psychoacoustics and room acoustics
- Experience with GitHub and CI/CD to create robust build and deployment pipelines that are flexible, reliable, and maintainable
- DevOps infrastructure automation experience in AWS
- Loves music and is passionate about high quality sound