- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Engineering QA
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives. We focus on building easy to use systems but keeping things simple and bug free is not without challenges. The problems are complex, and the solutions must be elegant.
Sonos needs high-energy, innovative engineers to help fuel our rocketing success. We are setting new standards for the audio industry and reshaping the way consumers engage with music. As a Quality Manager on the Continuous Configuration team you’ll be applying your creativity and engineering skills to help build brand new feature sets that enable customers to optimize their system performance and to fully outfit their homes with Sonos.
An ideal candidate will be highly customer focused, data driven, passionate about quality and have a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations and various disciplines. They should be a hands-on technical leader capable of driving product instrumentation and automation strategies with a data driven quality approach.
What You’ll Do
- Engage your feature team and act as the voice of the customer and quality organization during the development process
- Lead, manage, mentor and grow a world class test team
- Participate in the planning process for new features and initiatives
- Champion and lead software telemetry efforts to understand real-world usage and performance that drives product improvements
- Deliver efficient and thorough automated testing and framework support
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews
- Be a strong advocate for testability, identifying, and reducing risk areas during the development process
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years overall experience with at least 2 years of QA leadership
- Experience programming with of one or more of the following languages – C/C++, Java, Objective-C, Python
- Experience developing and testing mobile applications
- Track record of successfully leading projects and people
- Experience or exposure to testing distributed systems
- Tableau, Kibana, DataDog and other system reliability and quality tracking tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD working with mobile based architecture