- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Director of Accounting will be a strategic finance leader who can successfully oversee and drive the continued evolution of technical accounting, external reporting, internal reporting, and M&A accounting. This role will be a key leader to help set the strategy and drive the overall success of the finance organization. The successful candidate will be a team focused leader who is results-oriented. They will have excellent communication and technical accounting skills, be able to leverage mutually beneficial cross-functional relationships, be able to prioritize key initiatives and will be experienced in overseeing consolidated results for a multinational public company. The candidate will have the ability to communicate with impact at the executive level and will be comfortable in effectively collaborating with all levels of the organization including the Sonos leadership team and the Company’s Audit Committee. This role will report to the Chief Accounting Officer and help define and lead the strategic vision of the accounting function.
Oversee and drive the continued evolution of technical accounting, external reporting, internal reporting, M&A accounting, and the onboarding of new business initiatives.
- Responsible for key technical accounting judgments and policies, including oversight, implementation and execution of new accounting guidance.
- Oversee and support the external reporting function in the preparation and review of SEC filings and reporting documents, including annual reports on Form 10-K, 10-Qs, and proxy filings.
- Lead due diligence, purchase accounting, finance integration, and stakeholder engagement associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Oversee accounting and integration for unique/one-time transactions and transformational new business initiatives.
- Support the development, execution, and monitoring of the long term plan for the accounting organization.
- Continue to evolve and develop an accounting infrastructure that will support significant growth and effectively scale with increased complexity
- Support and lead accounting process improvement and team development activities.
- Partner with Corporate Accounting, Legal, Investor Relations, Tax, International Accounting and FP&A teams to streamline and drive best practices for the quarterly reporting and earnings processes.
- Prepare and present accounting material to the audit committee.
- Conduct special projects and accounting process improvements, as needed.
- Lead, mentor and develop a high-performing diverse accounting team, by fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging.
Bachelor’s degree and / or MBA in Accounting or Finance
Active CPA license
- Minimum 10+ years in a financial accounting role
- Minimum of 7 years of Big 4 public accounting experience including having attained the Senior Manager or Director level, with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
- Preferred 3+ years in an accounting leadership capacity at a public company
- Experience in the software and/or technology industry strongly preferred
- Current and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP is required
- Ability to prioritize in real time; know what’s important
- Detailed oriented with a strong bias for action, ability to proactively dig into the details and resolve issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
Transparent and self-aware. Listens and learns from others.