- United States
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
What we’re looking for:
Sonos is searching for an Accounts Receivable (“AR”) Accountant to join our team. The right person will be passionate about working for a company that lives its brand and delivers on its promise to empower listeners, everywhere. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, organized, and has a positive outlook, along with a natural inclination to learn, grow, and problem solve. A collaborative attitude, transparency, clear communication, and an inclination to help others are all must-haves.
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional who will manage a variety of AR tasks including: processing U.S., Canada, Latin America, and APAC Deductions and Refusals and bulk returns., assisting with AR close duties This position will report to the Americas Accounts Receivable Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Own the processing of Sonos’ Deductions and Refusals, including gathering, analyzing for validity, summarizing, routing for approval, and processing in the ERP system to increase Sonos’ payback amount each fiscal year and have a clean AR aging
- Explore how we can further automate AR processes to improve the service level agreement (SLA) time, decrease manual error, and increase customer satisfaction. This may include active involvement on the project team to implement AR automation tools.
- Assist in coordinating the AR month-end close process
- Create credits in the ERP system for deductions and refusals
- Ensure internal SOX controls around deductions are operating effectively as designed
- BS/BA degree preferred, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of prior experience in an accounting or operational role
- 2+ years of prior experience in Accounts Receivable team is highly preferred
- Highly proficient in computer software programs, such as an ERP (Great Plains, SAP, etc.), Google suite, and database systems.
- Strong and proactive communication skills to ensure timely approvals are received and that company policy is followed
- Strong attention to detail. This role should prioritize accuracy over speed.
- General accounting knowledge
- Strong Excel skills and possesses a strong aptitude in developing, manipulating, and managing complex spreadsheets
- Self Aware and Autonomous
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high quality work product
The ideal candidate will exhibit the following behaviors:
- Ownership - embraces full accountability
- Collaboration - works well across diverse groups at Sonos to arrive at positive outcomes
- Respect – fosters a culture of respect within their team, and acts with integrity in all interactions inside and outside of Sonos
- Transparency – openly shares motives, decisions, data and knowledge so others can be successful, erring on the side of full disclosure and over communication