- New York
- Washington, US
- California, US
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Massachusetts, US
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Success as a People Partner starts with building and growing effective working relationships with the extended People team, your clients on the business side, and stakeholders at all levels globally. In this particular role, you will partner closely with IT, finance, and workplace experience leaders on all things related to organizational design and development, performance management and career mobility, training and development, and employee relations. You will work to ensure that Sonos sustains an engaged workforce by proactively surfacing issues, and partnering to develop solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Be the primary point of contact for Leadership Team members on people issues
- Provide a “feet on the street” view of morale; diagnose root-cause issues within organizations
- Coach leaders around Sonos behaviors, values and overall leadership effectiveness
- Provide real time, data-driven insights around headcount, budget, attrition, and other metrics
- Ensure smooth execution and processing of People Operations programs and personnel changes
- Represent local employment legal requirements – either by becoming an expert or by relying on others
- Conduct performance related conversations with managers and employees
- Rise to any necessary occasion with flexibility, ingenuity, professionalism
Skills You’ll Need
- Executive Functioning: You will spend your days juggling priorities and demands on your time. You will need to stay organized and navigate competing priorities as the tasks of the role are different every day.
- Attention to Detail: You will need excellent attention to detail and strong follow through
- Collaboration and Partnership: You will collaborate with your fellow People Partners, your business clients and others on the People Operations team. You will reach out for help and help others, accept coaching and provide your own best practices.
- Intuition: Your ability to read people and groups is critical. You will be expected to be a diagnostician of situations and individuals.
- Appetite for business: You will be expected to understand strategy, objectives, financials, metrics, people and challenges. You’ll need to be a quick learner with high curiosity.
- 5+ years of experience in a generalist HR/People role in a fast moving company.
- BA/BS or relevant experience that demonstrates ability to influence business outcomes through the development of people.
- Strong knowledge of the HR function including employee relations, resource management, compliance, communications, and change management.
- Strong analytical capabilities and an ability to influence managers/leaders to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience.
- Strong understanding and ability to be highly productive and influential in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.