- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
You want to be part of a team - That’s the way we get work done at Sonos. Whether it is those on your team, peers or those in other groups across Sonos, you collaborate transparently to ensure our infrastructure is supporting business growth and is rock solid.
You like a challenge - Technology is changing so rapidly it is hard to determine when to grab that shiny rock or optimize existing investments. You are up to speed on the latest technology, are keenly aware on how to maximize existing environments and know when is the right time to make key investments in brand new technology.
You are a great communicator - Whether it’s empowering your team, working with peers or making commitments to project teams, you are transparent and clear about what can and cannot be delivered on what timelines. You will oversee our infrastructure strategy and need to ensure the whys and hows are clearly communicated.
You have a passion for continuous improvement - If you are a fan of Malcolm Gladwell’s book “The Tipping Point”, then you know that many small improvements lead to a big change. You have experienced this transformation in your career and now use it as a guiding principle.
What You’ll Do
- Build an innovative organization responsible for Devops Infrastructure Automation, Operations, and support our DevOps tooling functions.
- Lead a team of talented IT, Automation, and Infrastructure professionals, hire and retain top talent
- Oversee technology infrastructure including network, hosted, cloud servers and core application operations
- Provide automation, tools and technology to support software and hardware engineering and other technology teams
- Inspire innovation in automation and tooling across our infrastructure
- Review current hosting landscape and drive a cost effective long term strategy
- Manage IT infrastructure vendor relationships including hosting providers and ISPs
- Establish best practice methods to monitor and report on infrastructure
What You’ll Need
- 6+ Years in a high tech infrastructure management role
- Bachelor of Science in a technology field
- Direct oversight of blended hosting environments - 3rd party hosted and Cloud
- Extensive experience in AWS technology stacks
- Prior experience supporting a global network using modern network technology
- Proven problem-solving/Root Cause Analysis skills and technical skills
- A “can do” attitude and the ability to work through challenging situations
- The ability to communicate transparently and clearly across the organization
- The ability to move things forward in ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and activities as both a lead and team member.
- Must show demonstrated initiative to research and implement new technologies