- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
Location: Santa Barbara, CA or Boston, MA
We’re a global team looking for the best talent
Do you LOVE music? Know a thing or two about working in a high growth, fast paced environment? Do you want to grow in your career? Do you like solving problems and meeting real challenges?
The Sonos Compliance Engineering team is tasked with the challenge of evaluating the compliance of outstanding audio product designs; Sonos products! Our challenges include: 1) keeping up with ever changing regulations, 2) supporting new product launches and 3) complying with a wide range of regulatory requirements.
The Environmental Compliance Engineer is responsible to ensure all Sonos products meet EU and other environmental regulatory requirements. The right candidate will have experience with communication, documentation and management of a variety of compliance tasks. If this sounds good, we’d like to talk to you!
- Ownership of Environmental Compliance projects and budgets for Sonos.
- Set out strategies for optimizing Environmental Compliance in a fast-moving business environment.
- Keep track of ongoing changes with EU and member nation standards related to: Customs regulations, Environmental compliance (e.g. WEEE), Energy efficiency, chemical restrictions and others.
- Involvement in process and workflow development for Environmental Compliance.
- Support front end loading of critical Compliance information for Sonos Sales and for our Sales channel partners.
- Work independently and collaboratively to resolve Compliance issues/tasks.
- Perform Project Management duties for Sonos products.
- Analyze data and prepare reports.
- Maintain Compliance related metrics.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10 years as a Compliance or Regulatory Engineer with a background in product development and regulatory compliance, with special emphasis on Environmental regulations.
- Experience communicating in a cross-collaborative environment working to influence and inform multiple stakeholders.
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Experience working with third parties to accomplish Compliance work.
- Background in: EU Directives, Member nation law, homologation, environmental regulations (e.g. RoHS, REACH and WEEE) and others.
- Experience with design consumer products for Environmental regulations.
- Willingness to travel.