- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
Location: Boston MA or Santa Barbara, CA
We’re a global team looking for the best talent.
Do you LOVE music? SONOS is a state of the art, wireless music sound system company that is growing fast… globally. We are creating the best sounding, easiest to use, wireless audio systems in the world and are looking to add the brightest and best talent to our team.
The Sonos Compliance Engineering team is tasked with the challenge of evaluating the compliance of our products. We are responsible for all new product designs and ongoing Compliance of products in mass production.
Challenges include: keeping up with ever changing regulations, supporting new product launches, new country homologation and performing a wide range of Compliance tests.
The Compliance Engineer is responsible for making sure that Sonos products meet all regulatory requirements. The right candidate will have experience with communication, documentation and management of a variety of compliance tasks. If you love music, solving challenging regulatory issues and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
- Ownership of regulatory Compliance projects for Sonos.
- Set out strategies for optimizing Compliance in a fast-moving business development environment.
- Keep track of ongoing standards related to: WiFi standards, EMC, Safety, Environmental compliance, and Energy efficiency regulations.
- Work on EMI mitigation on new product development.
- Work on enhancing product Safety.
- Work independently to resolve Compliance issues/tasks.
- Work with third parties to achieve Compliance for Sonos products.
- Perform Compliance tests, analyze the data and report the results.
- Prepare regulatory documents and submit for regulatory agency to resolve Compliance issues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5-10 years as a Compliance Engineer with a broad background in product development and technical regulatory compliance,
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with risk mitigation management.
- Degreed engineer with suitable experience.
- Experience with EMC design methodologies; Design for Safety and RF (wireless) certification.
- Experience with Environmental Compliance is desirable.
- Experience working with third parties to accomplish outsourced work.
- Experience with design of consumer products.
- Willingness to travel.