- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
You will be responsible to work with our Product Development (PD), New Product Introduction (NPI), Sustaining Engineering and numerous other stakeholders to ensure the Change Management process meets the business needs of Sonos. You will also support our Sourcing, Quality, and Manufacturing teams to ensure proper execution of design changes at our suppliers and contract manufacturers in Asia.
This role requires experience in Product lifecycle Management (PLM) tools and processes as well as technical documentation. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, excellent communication skills, a keen eye for details and a focus on process improvements. You must be a self-starter with a passion for quality, driving change, and an ability to coordinate with multiple teams across organization and around the globe.
What You’ll Do
- Identify inefficiencies in the Engineering Change Management Process and work with stakeholders (Product Development, Sustaining, Sourcing, etc) to drive solutions with a focus on Process and Configuration.
- Author internal processes to ensure Change Management consistency within and across teams
- Assess Sonos business requirements to ensure the PLM supports scalable solutions to continuously meet the evolving business needs of the company.
- Oversee all PLM system activities/functions across all NPI programs to ensure compliance with Engineering Change Management process.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of information entered into the PLM system.
- Approve, qualify, and train all users on the appropriate use of the PLM.
- Provide PLM system documentation (quick start guides, tutorials, workflows) for stakeholders to support them post on-boarding.
- Guide and train others through the Engineering Change Request and Qualification process.
- Final review and authorization for all NPI and Production change requests. Work with originators to prioritize and assign to appropriate teams). Audit Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for technical content and appropriate reviewer/approver routings.
Skills You’ll Need
- 5+ years experience working with PLM tools, with administrator experience. Experience with PLM tools such as PTC Arena and Agile desired.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze processes related to Engineering Change Management and to understand how various systems can be integrated to provide holistic solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a development organization to develop, implement, train and maintain change management control.
- Understanding of EE and ME BOM structures.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on a global basis.
- Demonstrable understanding of engineering documentation processes, Product Data management (PDM) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes.
- Experience with collaboration tools (such as Confluence) and/or defect management tools (such as Jira) is a plus.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers in Asia, preferably in the consumer electronics industry.