- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Relationships and Behaviors are at the core of the Sonos and both play a huge role in working with our supply base and our internal teams. The Director of Global Electronics Sourcing will be responsible for leading the EE Sourcing team within the Supply Chain organization at Sonos. Having an experienced Semiconductor and Electronics industry expert to develop and lead our commodity strategy, and build strong supplier relationships is critical to our success.
It is essential to establish and cultivate the executive relationships with key suppliers to gain access to the best technology, at the right cost, and at the right quantity in order to meet product experience requirements, customer demands, launch plans and meet shareholder expectations.
The position will be based in the US, preferably in Boston or Santa Barbara.
What You’ll Do
- Working in conjunction with the Engineering teams, you will be responsible for developing a global sourcing strategy and implementing a supplier development program that has an integrated, long term approach focused on: quality, delivery, and cost, which will deliver Sonos a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- You will be responsible for supplier management, price negotiation, total cost of ownership analysis, supply chain strategy, supply agreement preparation and negotiation, supplier capacity management.
- You will own strategic supplier relationships at the supplier executive level and will lead regular supplier reviews to include feedback on price, quality and delivery, as well as managing vendor-managed inventory programs.
- You will utilize your strong understanding of the semiconductor industry to enable you to interpret market intelligence regarding supply constraints and to inform your cost negotiation with suppliers using “should cost” models.
- You will collaborate with engineering and architecture teams for NPI development strategy and implementation, optimizing design/materials selection to drive competitive cost, industry leading quality, and continuity of predictable supply.
- You will bring in Sonos functional teams to review roadmaps with strategic suppliers and ensure Sonos’ system architecture and commercial requirements are met.
- You will lead workshops, using your knowledge of industry analytics, with our manufacturing partners to best leverage external capabilities, and improve ordering/buffering requirements while preventing supply risks and improving flexibility of supply.
- You will need to develop and empower your team.
Skills You’ll Need
- Degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Engineering or related technical field
- At least 5 years experience in the Semiconductor/Consumer Electronics or similar industry, 2+ years in a leadership role directly managing a sourcing team.
- At least 3 years experience using negotiation and communication skills to close contracts of =>$100K.
- At least 10 years experience in the Semiconductor/Consumer Electronics or similar industry
- Proven track record of building and cultivating relationships with your team members, internal stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Openness to travel ~20% or as needed for the role.
- Familiarity with enterprise software management systems such as ERP, PLM etc.
- MBA preferred