- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives. The Hardware-Operations Team is responsible for the inspiration, design, development, manufacturing and mass production of Sonos’ line of Hardware products. The team of approximately 375 is located in multiple locations (including Santa Barbara, Boston, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hilversum NL).
During this exciting point of supply chain evolution, Sonos is looking for supply chain talents to join our team and help lead us to the next level in operational execution excellence. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Integrated Business Planning, the Supply Planning Operations Manager is responsible for leading the Supply Planner team, while driving and continuously developing best-in-class supply planning operations for Sonos. Main objectives will include: streamlining supply and production execution, continuously monitoring and transparently displaying the performance of the supply planning organization, and partnering with Contract Manufacturers, Joint Design Manufacturers, and Sonos internal teams. This team leader will have extensive collaboration with cross-functional Sonos leaders and partners in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Logistics, Business Planning, and Engineering to ensure planning, production, and shipment of the entire portfolio of Sonos products. As an integral strategic and executional function of the Hardware-Operations team, the Supply Planning team will support and drive results during Hardware Development, Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, and Business Operations activities required to serve its global sales channels and end user customers.
The Supply Planning Operations Manager will also be actively engaged in driving top performance in supply planning to support the company’s growth and development. Execution and risk mitigation strategies to ensure best-in-class product delivery support will be top priority for the Supply Planning team, and it is the Manager’s responsibility to make sure the team is always supported in these areas. The successful candidate is an energetic, analytical, transparent, and highly team-oriented leader with a strong track record of managing teams working within highly robust and integrated supply chains.
- The Supply Team Manager will be responsible for overseeing and leading the Supply Team through team development, support, and establishing team objectives that drive towards the goal of achieving Sonos’ operating targets and strengthening the supply chain.
- Supporting and optimizing processes for the Supply Team’s core responsibilities, which include: Purchase Order management, Supply Forecast management, Production Scheduling, Capacity review, Material Clear-to-Build transparency, NPI ramp planning, Product Life Cycle Transitions, End-of-Production Planning, and foster strong partnership with CM/JDM planning teams
- Additionally, this Team Manager will play a major hands-on role in the overall success of the Business Operations Team with the goal of hitting the Supply Chain targets for the business.
- TheSupply Planning Operations Manager’s team will be working extensively in ERP systems, cross-functionally with Sourcing and Manufacturing teams, CM/JDM manufacturing partners, and reviewing capacity modeling to ensure on-time availability of all manufacturing supplies and components.
- This Manager will also lead and support efforts to strengthen the partnerships with Sonos’ Global manufacturing partners. The Manager, Supply Planning is expected to help develop and optimize multi-factory production strategies, and support on-boarding/process alignment with new factory partners, as well as, track CM/JDM’s overall supply performance
- This position interfaces regularly with representatives from Component Sourcing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, and Business Planning and it will be expected that this leader can identify and communicate risks and opportunities easily with all cross-functional team members
- Identifying and driving adoption of Key Performance Indicators as they apply to Supply Chain success, as well as, providing input to KPIs as they apply to Manufacturing execution success.
- Management of supplier relationships and development of partnerships to ensure efficient use of resources and effective material and component supply practices.
- Supporting the team’s responsibilities regarding Purchase Order execution, factory commitment Status reports, and helping to escalate/expedite order fulfillment to ensure on time delivery.
- Supporting the team and internal teams through the implement of supply planning processes within a new ERP System (SAP) to ensure continuity of Demand to Supply workstreams
An ideal candidate for the Supply Planning Operations Manager role will have the following skills and experience:
- BS/BA with major in Supply Chain Management, Business Economics, or related discipline
- Proven management experience with a minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a Supply Chain role in the computer, networking or consumer electronics industry.
- Ability to forge positive relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of management and with all departments
- Significant experience in collaborating with, and ensuring reliable performance of top-tier Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) providers, particularly in China and/or Malaysia.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) in both English and Mandarin.
- Strong analytical, planning strategy, organizational, and supply chain knowledge
- Graduate Level Degree Supply Chain Management, Business Economics, or related discipline
- Significant experience in working in a multinational company under a demanding environment.
- Significant experience working with ERP systems (Great Plains/SAP/or equivalent), GSuite tools, planning tools preferred (Anaplan, Excel, or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret data and make including appropriate personnel where needed; exhibit sound and accurate judgment