- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
At Sonos, we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers, and connect them to the content they want, where they want it. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
As a Technical Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for program management on the Platform Programs Team with a focus on new business capability projects as well as coordinating activities across the broader Technology organization in support of our CIO. This position is ultimately accountable for the successful implementation of cross-functional applications projects including the implementation of packaged software and internal development with internal resources and consulting partners. The perfect candidate is an experienced hands-on music lover with project management experience, a high level of energy, and the perpetual enthusiasm to make an impact in a fast-paced, changing, team-based environment.
What You’ll Do:
Ensure that programs are driven to accomplish their business goals including scope, schedule, and cost by tracking program execution, working cross functionally to predict and work around obstacles.
- Resolve or mitigate program level issues and risks related to delivered functionality, schedule and/or budget.
- Provide regular and accurate status updates.
- Develop and drive project plans in agile and/or waterfall technologies from concept to production by working closely with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Lead requirements gathering initiatives through partnering with business teams.
Support CIO needs across Technology:
- Drive core processes for leadership team, including staff meetings, all hands’ meetings, business reviews in conjunction with staff organizations such as HR and Finance
- Ideate and incubate early stage ideas.
Other activities may include coordinating all-hands meetings, running the architecture forum, cross-department license management, creation of a newsletter, running ‘Tech Talks’, establishing/improving team processes, and driving employee programs.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaboration with leadership across the Technology organization to manage organization projects, program, activities, and team recognition.
- Lead and manage special initiatives as they arise.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the understanding of when to escalate issues.
What You’ll Need:
- 2+ years experience project managing applications development or systems conversion initiatives, preferably across multiple organizations and technologies.
- High integrity team player who is engaged and will rapidly gain respect from other team members.
- Influential, action-oriented attitude; able and willing to own issues and drive resolution.
- Knowing when and how to ask tough questions regarding any aspect necessary to deliver a successful project.
- Excellent organization and ability to work with different stakeholders to motivate global cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to influence others.
- Creativity and ability to work independently with limited guidance, proven ability to create structures and develop operational concepts while performing under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience with project management tools in both waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles, practices, and procedures.