- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Product Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
Our Platform Product Creation Leader (Platform PCL) is responsible for leading and driving highly-complex and deeply cross-functional platform development efforts to ensure the successful and efficient roll-out of new platform capabilities and features into our new product development process.
PCL’s also serve as representatives of the technical development team to the rest of the company. They guide and communicate team decisions, work through complex system trade-offs, manage risks, and drive technical issues to resolution.
What you’ll do:
- As a technical leader, you will be responsible for coordinating, leading and driving a multi-faceted team to deliver our next-generation platform capabilities.
- Partner with Product Management, User Research & Experience, and Advanced Development teams to help inform the vision and requirements for new platform capabilities.
- Lead the architecture development, prototype and demonstrate the platform capabilities, and bring them to technical readiness for introduction into new products.
- You will inspire a high-performing, cross-functional team through charismatic and energetic leadership.
- You will keep the team on track, which means ensuring they are developing the right capabilities within all the established program boundaries.
- You will communicate at many levels, to keep both your team aligned and senior Sonos leadership informed.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years experience in consumer or industrial hardware product development
- Demonstrated success leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary development teams
- Experience developing products or platforms intended for high-volume mass production
- BS in EE or ME
- Has a passion for creating great platforms for products
- Incomparable drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Relentless sense of ownership for the success of a project
- Strong knowledge of hardware development best practices in several of the following areas:
- Digital and analog electronics, radio and antenna design, mechanical engineering, transducer and acoustic system engineering, embedded firmware development, user experience and industrial design
- Knows how to create and maintain good team chemistry to create high performing teams
- Uncompromising team work ethic
- Able to travel within the US and Asia (sometimes with little notice)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with distributed teams