- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Product Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Program Sourcing Manager is a critical role of the Sonos supply chain team and is responsible for sourcing input on engineering research and technical evaluations of mechanical, electronic, transducer & packaging design. The role needs to work with cross functional teams to execute a sourcing strategy for the program including material readiness, supply and demand, pricing/other sourcing attributes and technical specifications through NPI phase. As part of the Advanced sourcing team, this role also needs to work with the Advanced technology team to develop new technology(mechanical and electrical) to enable new features of products.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and evaluate suppliers of the designs which produce product development, sourcing, and long term requirements of products.
- Partner with Sonos Product Design and Engineering teams to review design specifications and recommended sources that can meet Sonos volume, quality and cost requirements.
- Drive technical decisions that are aligned with strategic sourcing goals.
- Support supplier meetings to review technical roadmaps and help formulate a strategy to convey product and market information back to the Sourcing and Development organization.
- Analyze technologies, parts and subsystems to create should cost models to enable COGM(Cost of Goods Manufactured) calculations during NPI phase
- Review product designs and engineering activities to achieve product cost reductions, reduce BOM risk, and enable long term manufacturability by proactively identifying risks and recommending additional sources as needed.
- Provide support to all functions of the Sourcing, Engineering, Operations, Finance to make successful NPI process
- Support product milestone sourcing activities and play a key role in summarizing program status to the leadership team.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA degree
- 5+ years work experience preferably in sourcing
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical techniques to problem solving
- Strategic thinker and result oriented
- Natural leadership competencies; influences others through style and subject matter expertise
- An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work in multicultural global business environment
- MBA Preferred
- Bachelor degrees in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering
- Travel within US as well as internationally up to 20% of the time
- Experience in consumer electronics is a plus
- Experience in systems - Anaplan, Arena, Microstrategy, SAP