- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Product Engineering
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Sonos Professional
As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos is tirelessly focused on finding new and innovative opportunities to become the world’s leading sound experience company. We empower people everywhere to listen to what they want, how they want, with great sound and a remarkably easy experience. We’ve seen our vision materialize in millions of households. Now we have a new ambition to expand our products and services into the Business segment (B2B). Come join our product marketing team to help define this space from the ground up. This is a unique and highly entrepreneurial position, where experimentation and rapid iteration will define much of the daily work.
The right person for this role possesses extensive experience in the B2B space, carries a deep passion for enterprise audio solutions, has a start-up mentality, and has the drive to solve multi-dimensional product marketing challenges always advocating for the customer. This individual understands cloud-based services and knows how to talk to business decision-makers to communicate the value proposition of Sonos.
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager of Sonos business solutions, you will be responsible for defining, and leading comprehensive go-to-market strategies for new Business solution initiatives including customer and industry segmentation, product positioning, messaging definition, and launch strategy. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity and eager to create new processes and workflows based on learnings.
- Lead the creation of the core value proposition and selling points for Sonos business solutions
- Define the target audiences within key industry verticals, and identify their specific needs, pain points and jobs to be done
- Collaborate with and drive alignment across product, sales, regional marketing, and commercial partner teams to land GTM strategy and execution
- Proactively and quickly learn new technologies and explain end-user scenarios and technical solutions to business audiences
- Drive meaningful insights into the business and product strategy based on market trends, customer research, competitive analysis, and interactions with regional teams and business customers
- Represent the product and business internally by clearly articulating and enabling the value of our offering to sales teams and external partners
- Be a key collaborator on areas such as pricing strategy, hardware and software strategy, and international expansion, always coordinating with the regions
- Partner with sales teams on activating growth strategies across different regions
- 6+ years managing end-to-end B2B product marketing at technology companies
- Relevant experience in audio commercial applications or general AV (Audio/Video) knowledge including hardware and services.
- Consistent record of crafting compelling value positioning statements and target audience identification
- Creative problem solver that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of partners to drive execution
- Ability to simplify technical concepts into relevant value propositions targeted to specific business audiences
- Demonstrated ability to forge highly effective cross-functional partnerships and lead decisions through influence
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable reviewing and analyzing business performance metrics, KPIs, and ability to pivot when the data tells you
- Results-driven, with a passion for using data to solve business problems, drive product innovation, and advance our brand narrative
- Extraordinary written communication skills: ability to consolidate sophisticated ideas into clear, succinct executive summaries
Want, where and how they want it. Since inventing multiroom wireless audio in 2005, we have continuously innovated the listening experience, designing hardware and software that celebrates sound, empowers our customers, and brings the home to life. Our team is made up of passionate players united by a culture of respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership who want to inspire the world to listen better.
Covid-19 Health and Safety
In response to the global pandemic, we have continued to prioritize the health, safety and wellness of our employees around the world. Our offices remain closed with a few exceptions. Our Covid Vaccination Policy requires proof of Covid vaccination in the U.S. and U.S. new hires will be required to provide proof of current Covid vaccination on or before their first day of employment. In Europe and Asia Pacific, we are following national and local Covid guidelines as outlined in the policy.