- Washington, US
- California, US
- Massachusetts, US
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Product Management
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Global Retail & Brand Experiences Team is responsible for creating the physical and digital retail strategy for channel retailers worldwide, providing clear brand and product education and ensuring an easy, frictionless demo experience.
The team operates across a broad range of functions and disciplines to deliver the Sonos strategy, programs, and products in retail environments and through interactive brand activations. This team creates the toolkits and guidelines necessary to create a consistent brand experience across all geographies and retail touchpoints. Success for the team requires a creative, resourceful, and nimble approach to delivering guidance that enables our local teams to execute in-market.
This position reports to the Director, Global Retail Design and Brand Experience, and leads development and maintenance of product demo and display content and communication, inclusive of the digital user experience and printed communications at all physical and digital retail channels.
This person will support our product demo experience across all physical retail touchpoints, maintaining the catalog of experience options available for global partners to leverage. They will work with agency partners to develop the content and assets used for our product demos. This role works cross functionally to ensure that the correct teams are consulted and informed to bring the product and brand experience to life, including using consumer insights and data to continuously evolve our approach to retail communications. In addition, this role provides guidance to agencies and creative partners on the printed communications that appear at physical retail, ensuring they support the customer journey in learning about and demoing Sonos products.
Success will require gaining buy-in and alignment across multiple functions including Brand Design, Consumer Marketing, Product Marketing, Finance, Product Development, Customer Care and crucially, Regional Retail and Marketing.
You will be working across multiple programs simultaneously and capably managing priorities while inspiring and supporting a large, global team.
What You’ll do
- Provide global guidance on printed messaging as it appears throughout all channels of physical retail
- Lead curation of product demo content and develop the physical retail communications strategy across all channels
- Support the development and evolution of the partner retail experience, creating global guidance for digital merchandising, brand, and product communications
- Work with internal and external creative and production partners to develop and deploy assets needed for execution at retail
- Collaborate with the broader team to develop retail marketing and merchandising toolkits for the regional teams to leverage within their key channels
- Inspire and collaborate with a high-performing team of regional retail marketers across the globe
- Partner with the analytics and consumer insights team to ensure we are consistently speaking to our audience and engaging our consumer
- Interpret and build on shopper behavior data and retail trends to evolve the retail communication strategy through updates that serve the consumer and increase conversion
- Lead and partner with global brand & regional marketing leadership to deliver seasonally relevant stories that drive awareness and conversion
- Ensure consistency and quality across all retail programs – globally and regionally
- Implement a single global process for planning and executing against NPI, promotions etc. at retail, considering the unique needs of each region
- Proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including the determination of when to escalate issues and when to take initiative and make decisions
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of relevant experience within retail communications, user experience, or retail marketing strategy - ideally within a consumer electronics or product environment
- Comfort in ambiguity and a willingness to to be entrepreneurial in your thinking - big picture and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills -- in person and in writing, your knowledge, expertise, creativity & agility inspire the confidence & followership of diverse audiences, including senior leadership