- New York
- Illinois, US
- California, US
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Product Management
At Sonos we want to inspire the world to listen better and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels welcome and included to do the best work of their lives.
To know Sonos is to love Sonos and the number one place to learn about Sonos is from a friend you trust. As Manager, Advocacy Programming you will be responsible for helping to bring Sonos’ brand and products to life via brand advocates a.k.a. influencers. By partnering with brand advocates, we are able to recreate the experience of discovering how easy it is to enjoy all your content with Sonos. We’re giving a glimpse into how our product brings joy and fits into the lives of those with whom we share values, and telling that story at scale.
This role will require building a broad internal network and partnering across teams and geographies to understand our brand strategy and product portfolio and how that can be buoyed by partnering with advocates who can help bring it to life and introduce the brand to prospective customers. You’ll need to be a collaborative, cross-functional project manager and flawless executor with a keen eye for detail and an understanding of how a brand or product experience authentically connects to the things people care about.
What you’ll do
- Lead the global advocacy strategy and partner with regions to bring it to life.
- Serve as a member of the comms leadership team
- Foster and evolve the global advocacy strategy in partnership with our regional counterparts who own execution of the program in market
- Infuse programmatic rigor and KPI management in programs and outputs, laddering up results and learnings
- Partner with in-market PR leads to support advocacy programming
- Work well upstream of launch cycles to understand brand and product stories and their application in strategy
- Work with all marketing functions to ensure strategy and briefs are well planned and actively integrated with overall marketing plans
What you’ll need
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in PR, marketing, or communications
- 3+ years of influencer marketing experience with consumer, lifestyle, entertainment or content brands
- Experience overseeing or partnering with brand social media and/or brand PR teams
- PR or brand agency experience (5+ years preferred)
- Experience managing agency relationships, including partnering with media buying agencies to build and refine amplification strategy with regional counterparts
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and an ability to turn a brand strategy into a narrative that is relevant to consumers
- Comfort in ambiguity and a willingness to to be entrepreneurial in your thinking - big picture and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills -- in person and in writing, your knowledge, expertise, creativity & agility inspire the confidence & followership of diverse audiences, including senior leadership
- A keen understanding of the media landscape and an ability to apply that to Sonos