- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Product Management
At Sonos, we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers, and connect them to the content they want, where they want it. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives. As the PR Specialist for the Americas region you’ll have the rare opportunity to help build the Sonos brand at a pivotal point in company history.
The role reports to the Director, Americas Marketing, and will play an integral part of the Americas regional marketing team (USA, Canada and LATAM). The Specialist, Americas PR is primarily responsible for supporting the delivery of Sonos PR efforts in the broader Americas region.
The ideal candidate will be a talented PR specialist with an eye for detail, have previous experience keeping projects/programs on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports and meeting notes. The role will have a strong focus on building relationships with the Americas marketing team, global marketing operations team, PR agencies, Americas GTM team and localization teams, as well as other global teams as required. The right candidate will be creative, energetic, detail oriented, and driven by a passion for the Sonos brand and an understanding of and affinity for our target consumers, the culture seeker and audio shopper.
Your success will be measured on your ability to support the Sr Manager, Americas PR and Americas PR programs, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities efficiently, help build and deliver stand out earned campaigns that build awareness for Sonos, drive coverage, and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Some of the regular projects will include executing plans and briefs for regional PR milestones, and collaborating with other marketing functions on initiatives like product launches, partnerships, social impact and retail. You will also work in close partnership with our PR agencies and travel as needed to support the business.
- Support Sr Manager Americas PR with Project/Program execution across earned campaigns, New Product launches and always on activity in region
- With guidance and support from the Sr Manager Americas PR lead “always-on” media relations for the US, Canada, and Mexico
- Work with Sr Manager Americas PR to craft, pitch, and place high-impact stories that support our corporate narrative
- Work closely with Sr Manager Americas PR, LATAM and Canadian Marketing Leads and Americas Marketing Specialist to increase effectiveness at the intersection of paid and earned media
- Support global brand activations and campaigns and how they come to life in the Americas
- Own all Americas PR Internal Product Orders and Media Seeding activity across the US, Canada, Mexico and Colombia
- Create and/or manage press materials (e.g., media kits, localizations)
- Own all Americas PR POs and Invoice Management across the US, Canada, Mexico and Colombia
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- A knowledge/understanding of the shifting media landscape
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task across numerous projects
- Agile problem-solver who enjoys getting close to the work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with digital/social marketing & influencer/advocate engagement
- Comfortable within fast-paced global organization where team members are in multiple offices and countries
- Proven track record in the consumer electronics, lifestyle and/or luxury industries
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience at a global lifestyle consumer brand or agency
- Bachelor degree required (or equivalent experience)
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- Extra bonus: French / Spanish speaking