- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Product Management
Remote - Ontario, CN
Remote - Quebec, CN
Remote - British Columbia, CN
Sonos is on a journey to become the world’s leading sound experience company. Our mission is to inspire listeners everywhere. We do this by creating premium products and experiences that are easy to use, sound great and work together as a system. As the Retail Marketing Specialist, Canada, you will play a key role on our team as we continue to build a strong brand and drive engagement and demand in the Canadian market by working with our key commercial partners across AV dealers, builders, architects, remodelers, and new business development.
The role reports to the Marketing Manager, Canada and will be an integral part of the Americas Retail Marketing team (USA, Canada and LATAM). The Specialist, Retail Marketing Canada is primarily responsible for the execution of Retail Marketing strategies/programs across partner channels both in-store and digitally inclusive of asset development, localization, campaign execution, physical display support and partner comms. The specialist will also support the Marketing Manager, Canada with budget management specifically as it relates to PO and invoice tracking.
The ideal candidate will be a talented marketing specialist with previous experience in retail marketing. They will have an eye for detail and have previous experience keeping projects/programs on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports and meeting notes. The role will have a strong focus on building relationships with the Americas Marketing team, the Canadian Commercial team, Global Marketing Operations team, and our translation vendor. The right candidate will be detail oriented, creative, energetic, and passionate commercial marketer who is energized about bringing the Sonos brand and product to our partner community.
Some of the regular projects will include planning and executing strategic partner communications, channel advertising to build our brand and drive demand in channel, creating relevant assets for dealers, and project management for large and small scale physical activations and events. In addition to leading the execution of marketing activity in the market, you will also support Canadian retail marketing efforts including managing the asset development process and assisting with execution of channel marketing programs and physical display updates (i.e. new creative or form factors as needed). You will work closely with the broader Canadian Commercial team and travel as needed to support the business.
- You are the local channel champion – with an innate understanding of retail marketing across online/physical tactics coupled with a strong understanding of retail merchandising for our consumer.
- The Marketing Specialist, Canada will lead marketing execution within the dealer/partner channels partnering with the Marketing Manager, Canada and Commercial leadership to develop and drive programs, strategically aimed building the brand and driving new household acquisition in channel
- This role will support the development and execution of channel wide marketing initiatives such as product launches and promotions. This work involves partnering with the Global Marketing team and wider Americas GTM team to recommend, develop, and execute physical and digital assets required to make the programs successful.
- You will develop and drive annual channel marketing plans for our partner/dealer channels consistent with our brand strategy, marketing calendar, and audience needs.
- This role will partner with the US retail marketing team to deliver CA retail dealer/partner communication through our email deployment system.
- Supporting the wider Canadian market, you will be a key liaison with global teams and translation team to drive localization requirements across all marketing vehicles i.e., training materials, dealer/consumer communication, paid and retail assets.
- You will manage the CA PO process with AP/Finance for our CA opex budget partnering with finance, sales and the Marketing Lead, Canada.
- You will work to proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including determining when to escalate issues and when to make decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of sales and marketing experience.
- 2-3 years of experience specific to Marketing
- Ability to work with teams and stakeholders to find simple and elegant customer-centered solutions, supporting great experiences and business growth.
- Ability to interpret and implement a brand and company strategy in channel (retail) spaces.
- Passion for understanding and addressing consumer needs.
- Tenacity to manage tension between retailer’s objectives and Sonos objectives.
- Self-starter, go-getter who will work with teams hands-on to tackle complex problems.
- At home in a go-to-market led environment, fast-paced, high growth, product-driven environment. Experience working in a consumer-facing technology company is a plus.
- Collaborative; able to build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Organization and process management skills, including attention to detail. Ability to deliver complex programs with unique details and nuances to multiple stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to get an idea through clearly and succinctly. Ability to unite stakeholders with different opinions.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to turn insight into action.
- Passion for music and genuine desire to build something amazing at Sonos.
- Experience with CRM systems is ideal.
- Verification of your employment eligibility in Canada is required.