- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Product Management
Sonos is on a journey to become the world’s leading sound experience company. Our mission is to inspire listeners everywhere. We do this by creating premium products and experiences that are easy to use, sound great and work together as a system.
Sonos has big ambitions for the Japanese market. As the country makes a seismic shift from analogue music and content consumption to streaming through wifi connected devices in their homes, we see a huge opportunity for our brand to take market share and grow exponentially over the next 3 years and beyond.
The Senior Marketing Specialist, Japan will help us seize these opportunities, grow brand awareness, drive demand and engage communities of interest. The successful candidate is a bilingual (Japanese / English) self-starter, able to work autonomously in market and as part of a broader regional team, bringing local cultural knowledge and expertise, creativity, ideas, connections and strategic insights to build full-funnel marketing strategies that will take us from a challenger brand to a category leader.
The Senior Marketing Specialist, Japan is primarily responsible for driving the delivery of Sonos’ marketing efforts in Japan. The role reports into the Head of Marketing, APAC.
You will collaborate closely with local, regional and global teams across brand, product, go to market and media, working seamlessly with the broader APAC marketing team and our agency partners to develop and implement inspired full-funnel marketing plans, to brief in and localise creative campaign, media and retail / display assets, to use data and insight to help drive decision making and to deliver timely reporting on results and KPIs.
The ideal candidate will be a talented generalist marketer with an eye for detail, have previous experience in a cross-functional marketing role working with premium global brands and be able to demonstrate a specific understanding of the cultural and market nuances particular to effectively communicating with Japanese consumers within defined Sonos Target Audiences segments.
The role will have a strong focus on building relationships with the commercial and go to market leads in Japan. The right candidate will be creative, energetic, detail oriented, and driven by a passion for the Sonos brand and an understanding of and affinity for our target consumers..
Your success will be measured on your ability to effectively navigate a regional and global matrix structure, balance the needs of our retail and channel partners with brand imperatives, manage competing priorities efficiently, build and deliver stand out campaigns that drive demand, manage budgets, financial forecasting and reporting and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Working closely with the broader APAC marketing team, develop, localize and implement end to end marketing campaigns in line with global briefing and brand direction; make marketing investment recommendations and manage budgets.
- Lead creative asset requests for the Japanese market across multiple integrated online and offline cross-functional brand campaigns, promotions and new product introductions from brief and timeline development to execution:
- EG: multiple advertising formats such as OOH, print, digital, video/other film formats, social assets, and asset creation for retail needs across the region.
- CRM, etail and web assets across sonos.com and partner websites
- Work with regional and in-market retail marketing leads to assist with the rollout of visual merchandising displays plus identify creative efficiencies across consumer marketing and retail marketing asset needs; deliver assets to channel partners
- Drive translation projects across consumer marketing, retail marketing and dealer comms for the Japan market from brief through execution, working with internal and in market translators as required
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- At all times be a shining example of the Sonos behaviors: ownership, transparency, respect and collaboration
- Bilingual (fluent in Japanese and English)
- Demonstrable experience of working for and building a premium global brand; plus an understanding of the requirements of establishing and maintaining relevance in the local market
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic, optimistic, self-starter, innovative, collaborative with an eye for detail
- 6+ years of experience working with like-minded brand(s) in a consumer brand environment, ideally in consumer electronics, technology or consumer lifestyle marketing.
- Undergraduate degree with a focus on marketing, PR / communications, social media, commerce and/or advertising
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and creative requests in a fast paced, matrix environment to deliver on deadline and on budget
- Proven ability to manage budgets and marketing opex including reporting and administration
- Experience working with, briefing and managing external agencies, explicitly PR and Media