- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Product Management
Sonos is on a journey to become the world’s leading sound experience company. Our mission is to inspire listeners everywhere. We do this by creating premium products and experiences that are easy to use, sound great and work together as a system. As the Installed Solutions (IS) Marketing Sr Specialist, you will play a key role on the Americas team as we continue to build a strong brand and drive engagement and demand in the IS (B2B) space, including with AV dealers, builders, architects, remodelers, and future needs of our growing IS business.
The role reports to the Director, Americas Marketing, and will play an integral part of the Americas regional marketing team (USA, Canada and LATAM). This Installed Solutions Marketing role is primarily responsible for helping to shape the Americas IS marketing strategy alongside the Director, Americas Marketing and Director, Americas IS and leading the execution of said strategy (inclusive of trade shows, partner comms and asset development) for the Installed Solutions channel in the broader Americas region, with a focus on the US.
Additionally, this role will also have a strong dotted line into the Global Director of Commercial marketing, helping to drive global strategy, asset creation, toolkits and find efficiencies that will benefit all regions. This is a unique opportunity to execute in the in-region, while also working with marketing leadership to drive impact and shape the global B2B work for years to come as professional audiences become an increasing focus for the entire company.
The ideal candidate will be a talented marketing specialist with previous experience in B2B marketing in the CEDIA and/or AVIXA channels. They will have an eye for detail and have previous experience keeping projects/programs on track through clear task lists, issue tracking, status reports and meeting notes. The role will have a strong focus on building relationships with the Americas Marketing team, the Installed Solutions commercial teams including Americas and Global stakeholders, Global Marketing Operations team, the wider Americas GTM team, as well as other global teams as required. The right candidate will be creative, energetic, detail oriented, and passionate B2B marketer who is energized about bringing the Sonos brand and product to our partner/dealer community. Your success will be measured on your ability to drive impact to the Installed Solutions business in the Americas through strategic marketing programs, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities efficiently, and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Some of the regular projects will include planning and executing strategic IS communications, channel advertising to build our brand and drive demand for IS, creating relevant assets for dealers, and project management for large and small scale physical activations and events. You will work closely with the broader IS commercial team and travel as needed to support the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Director, Americas Marketing to develop the Americas IS marketing strategy and lead the production and execution of key programs and tactics in market. Including representing the IS channel marketing in MBR, QBR and functional plan presentations and reviews.
- Own the editorial calendar, production/execution and reporting for communications to dealers (CRM), working closely with PR, Commercial, Product (Hardware and Software), along with the IS teams in other regions. Partnering closely with the CA Marketing lead to find leverage in comms across North America
- Manage IS channel advertising, both physical and digital, including planning, creative development, managing review/approval with agencies and partners, and execution
- Create assets that are relevant to the unique IS customers, both for B2B2C and B2B
- Project management for both large and small scale physical activations and events, working closely with the IS commercial team and agency partners
- Work with the Business Development IS team to identify and execute marketing opportunities to grow our brand and presence in this space, with a focus on builders, architects, remodelers and future verticals Sonos brings into the commercial business.
- Manage asset development process for new products, seasonal campaigns, and promotions, partnering closely with Marketing Operations and production agencies
- Content/asset management of North American Dealer Portal
- Budget management including POs, invoicing, maintaining budget documents and trackers
- Help drive global marketing strategy, planning, brand building efforts and content development for new product introductions, partner announcements, trade show and event activations (e.g. CEDIA, Infocomm), dealer communications, and media campaigns.
- Drive the creation of practical sales enablement and training materials, digital assets, marketing collateral and templates that supports regional teams in building our brand with B2B audiences
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of partners, including integration and control partners, commercial music services, and other works with Sonos partners.
- Serve as a helpful resource, catalyst, collaborator and strategist that supports the regional GTM, product and marketing teams.
- Influence the body of marketing work that sits at the cross section of Installed Solutions and our ambitions with business and commercial audiences.
- Instigate and guide research and market segmentation efforts with dealers and B2B audiences
- Manage reporting/communicate results from the marketing work internally. Use data to report status, performance, and define issues.
What You’ll Need:
- Previous experience in B2B marketing or IS/CI channel with a knowledge/understanding of the Americas consumer electronics B2B and Commercial AV landscape
- Minimum of 5+ years marketing experience at a consumer or B2B premium brand (time spent in internships acceptable)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or similar field
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task across numerous projects
- Agile problem-solver who enjoys getting close to the work
- Ability to take full ownership of complex projects with limited day to day guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable within a fast-paced global organization where team members are regionally and globally dispersed, often working remotely
- Comfortable traveling for intentional/business essential reasons in a post-pandemic world as necessary