- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
Sonos is looking for an energetic Account Manager to support our growth strategy in Belgium.
It’s focused on driving strong relationships both at key accounts as well as with a selected number of local independent AV specialists in your region. Within the Benelux Retail Sales team you will contribute to the entire customer journey for this channel: from trigger to conversion. It is an exciting opportunity to take a commercial role in a growing business and further drive growth and change aligned to company and regional EMEA Retail strategy. Internally you will work closely with all functions (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Legal, etc.) to ensure that strategies are being executed and retail partners are being served. The role reports into the Commercial Director for Benelux.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here. Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
Within the Benelux Retail Sales team you will foster existing and build new relationships with highly relevant businesses that will advocate for our brand in the most premium way. You will support our National Retailers and local dealers in our Sonos selective distribution network. In Belgium this group of partners includes Mass CE Retailers, Pure Online players and Audio Video Speciality stores. The relationships you build will allow for the implementation of innovative Sales and Marketing activities that will target our music-loving audience.
The key measure of success in this role is to drive sustained, profitable growth with established and potentially new retail partners. The ideal candidate has a strong commercial know-how, is an energetic go-getter and builds relationships that last.
What You’ll Do
- Build and develop meaningful relationships at all levels of our retail partners to support key programs and meet or exceed Sonos’ growth goals.
- Manage the budgeting and sales planning with new and existing partners focusing on revenue and sell-out. Appropriately plan for monthly or quarterly business reviews with your biggest accounts and dealers.
- Manage inventory levels, sales out and purchase planning to ensure product availability on shelf and online.
- Maintain a clear list of Risks and Opportunities as it relates to your respective business.
- Work with your fellow Account Managers to ensure a high level of education and support for each account. This team will co-create the best training strategy for the respective retail partner.
- Collaborate with Channel Marketing to invest market development funds with our retail partners to drive growth, market share and support key programs such as promotional periods, key drive times and new product introductions.
- Ability to present and speak publicly in front of large groups (both internal and external) to clearly articulate business trends, program updates or new product introductions.
- Allocate your time efficiently to ensure you are impacting the dealers and supporting opportunities with the highest potential to affect our business.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary teams and excite the wider organization in order to receive the right level of support and lever successful initiatives.
- Deep understanding of our company strategy, our brand and our values.
What You’ll Need
- Deep understanding and a minimum 3+years’ experience in sales and/or marketing for a premium/lifestyle brand.
- Experience in negotiating program terms and onboarding new partners.
- Exceptional communicator- both written & verbal: fluent in Dutch, English and French
- A confident and dynamic personality that builds trust and puts the customer first.
- Well organized in being able to manage multiple accounts in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Understanding of performance metrics such as revenue, gross margin, break even, promotional lifts and how these metrics affect our baseline business and company profitability.
- A strong team player with a clear understanding of the big picture and being able to quickly connect with colleagues. Motivated to deliver team results, not individual wins.
- Advanced knowledge of key internal productivity tools such as G Suite or MS Office. Additional experience with Salesforce, Confluence, Micro Strategy is a plus.
- Data driven, analytical mindset and attitude. An eye for detail and a desire to continuously improve.
- Independent self-motivator that thrives in an ever-changing environment.
- Behaviors to work in diverse and international teams: Transparency, Ownership, Collaboration, Respect