- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
To support the rapid growth and expansion of our business across our APAC Growth markets & in particular in Japan we are looking for a National Account Manager Japan.
Our brand is changing the way people listen to music, and we’re on a mission to bring this experience to a global audience and a rapidly growing audience in Japan - the world’s 2nd largest music market currently experiencing a generational shift to streaming (music + TV/movies).
We are on the cusp of great things in our Japan market, we have strong momentum and the National Account Manager will join our existing Sonos Japan team, adding important account management pedigree to our team and will lead key parts of our sales and channel efforts into our top retail accounts in Japan, building an iconic brand that connects deeply with our audience, building high impact retail strategies and key account plans for our top national accounts. This role reports directly to the General Manager, Sonos APAC Growth markets.
A local key account, key partner champion – with an innate feel for the brand, brand strategy coupled with deep understanding of our retailer’s strategy, business and shopper audience you will work closely with all internal functions of the local JP team and regional APAC team (& global leads as needed), to ensure Sonos secures exceptional category support from our top accounts that drives accelerated growth of Sonos in our partners businesses and the goals / objectives of Sonos and our key accounts are aligned and maximized / optimized.
- Account ownership: Responsible for direct account ownership of our Key accounts in Japan (offline+online), ensuring Sonos is a critically important strategic partner (& not just a vendor) to our top accounts, leading to sales growth, effective GM/executive account engagement and ruthless focus on driving high-impact category strategies.
- High impact plan development & account outcomes: Develop, build, deliver category-led annual account plans that establish and anchor our strategic partnerships, and include our core sales objectives, key priorities, key initiatives and securing premium high-impact partner commitments in support of overall Sonos Japan business, sales and channel objectives.
- Land retail campaigns & programs: Working closely with the GTM leadership & Channel development manager to manage, land and execute all channel / retail programs, promotions and activities specific to our key accounts - ensuring alignment to brand, marketing campaigns (where relevant) building a strong relationship with our Japan marketing lead
- Tightly manage business performance: Ongoing analysis and reporting of key account business performance, market trends and needs in order to stay on track and be able to make the necessary adjustments to get back on track if needed, providing the Sonos Japan and Growth markets team with regular category, shopper, marklet, competitive insights
- Drive internal team alignment: Provide ongoing direction at an all-up account/national level to our Channel development manager (& through them to our 3rd party retail management agency, our “field” team), and our local Marketing team to ensure retail programs drive the highest impact at a store level.
- Results accountability: Full accountability of sell-through sales, forecast and performance to expectations for national account performance. Including Sell through reporting from our key partners, and the provision of business insights from those partners (category growth, competitive insights, shopper insights)
- Inventory and retail operations management: Working with Operations manage the Sell-in, channel fill, inventory levels, Sell thru to ensure agreed weeks of cover and availability targets across our national accounts.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of customer facing roles within the wider consumer industry, especially building and managing key retail account relationships - must have experience of managing key national CE retailers in Japan and Amazon Japan.
- Broad professional background within Sales, Product / Category management or Marketing.
- Exceptional negotiation skills & able to establish strong working relationships with key work partners
- Results Oriented, Analytical and strategic mind-set & very comfortable reviewing and reporting on sales performance
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: approachable, ability to quickly establish rapport, communicating, effectively with a diverse population, including high-level managers and internal stakeholders
- Displays a persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and recognizes that goals are achievable, even with obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (required),
- Strong affinity with our brand, products and passion for music!