- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
What you’ll do:
This role reports to the Director of Sonos Business. You’ll be chiefly responsible for building and leading a B2B subscription services sales engine that doesn’t exist within Sonos today. This will include executing on the sales strategy and operations, as well as gathering the technology requirements needed to drive growth for a new business unit.
This is a highly entrepreneurial position where experimentation and rapid iteration will define much of the daily work. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, a self-starter, and comfortable creating new processes and workflows based on learnings.
- Develop and refine the Sonos Business sales strategy across our Direct-to-Consumer and Installed Solutions channels to drive customer acquisition during our pilot, Public Launch, and beyond.
- Define customer personas and identify onboarding, training and education materials needed for internal teams and external customer audiences.
- Manage the day-to-day sales operations and build internal customer feedback processes with our Product and Engineering teams.
- Analyze funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue generated across different customer segments.
- Collaborate with our Technology (CRM, Recurring Revenue, Data and Enterprise Applications) teams to build our sales systems, reporting and tools.
- Collaborate with Finance and Sales teams to translate the Sonos Business strategy into regional forecasting goals.
- Be a key collaborator on areas such as pricing strategy, HW strategy, and international expansion, always coordinating with the regions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, ranging from Product Marketing to User Research, to align on target audiences, messaging, and positioning of the value proposition as we identify what resonates most with business customers and partners.
- Contribute to regular share-outs of New Business Introduction (NBI) progress in forums such as Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), Functional All Hands, and beyond.
- Your primary internal partners and stakeholders are based in the US. That said, you’ll frequently collaborate with teams across multiple time zones including London, Amsterdam, Munich and Melbourne.
- Working across timezones can sometimes mean early starts and 7pm finishes. The tradeoff is that our culture is extremely high trust: you manage your own work day and personal time in a way that works best for you.
- Sonos culture is collaborative, respectful and friendly. Those who are intellectually curious, helpful and humble tend to find the most success.
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years experience in building sales strategies, CRM systems and tools, and managing sales operations. Proven track record of successful results.
- Experience building and managing a sales organization at early stage and/or growth stage businesses.
- Experience in IoT, B2B SaaS, and/or Commercial AV companies.
- Familiarity with the product development process for HW and SW is a plus.
- Comfortable with entrepreneurial and agile thinking - both big picture and attention to detail.
- Collaborative and creative thinker who thinks outside of the box.
- Strong analytical skills and hypothesis-driven problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communicator.
- Humble team player and willing to be scrappy.
- A profound sense of ownership for both your own results and the company’s overall success.