- San Francisco
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
We are growing our Audio Systems Technology team to enhance our design and analysis capabilities through the addition of an Audio Tools Developer. We dig deep into the problems that we’re trying to solve and develop innovative solutions by understanding the application, physics, and how we leverage technology. In partnership with the Audio Systems Engineers, this individual will bind together existing and new tools to streamline our product development process.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate to define requirements for development tools
- Architect and develop tools to enhance acoustic simulation, prototyping, testing, data analysis, and audio system tuning
- Support and streamline tuning of complex DSP algorithms like spatial arraying, dynamics processing, and Trueplay room calibration technology
- Deploy tools and support their usage within the team
What You’ll Need:
- A BS or MS in acoustics, engineering, physics, computer science or an equivalent discipline
- Proficient in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, debug, document, and deploy software including GUIs
- Proficient in the use of common source code control and defect tracking systems (Jira, Git)
- Knowledge in acoustics, loudspeaker modeling and audio system specification
- Understanding of digital signal processing algorithms relevant to music and home theater playback
- Experience with acoustic test equipment such as CLIO, Klippel, Smaart, SoundCheck, Audio Precision, etc.
- Experience using simulation tools such as LEAP, LSPCad, COMSOL, EASE, etc. to model and predict audio system performance
- Experience using commercially available hardware and software for audio prototyping
- Excellent critical listening skills
- Personal passion for sound; active musicians a plus!
- Apply and we will reach out if there’s a match!