- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Software Engineering
In the Sonos Voice Experience team we design the future of voice interaction for audio content, our ambition is to make voice interactions fully private, more personal, and more natural.
We are looking for a FullStack engineering manager to lead the development of the advanced web-based infrastructure used every day by our data scientists and computational linguists to create Sonos voice interface and evaluate its accuracy.
If you are an experienced full-stack specialist, with a proven track record in deploying and managing advanced User Experiences as well as leading teams and developing people, we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
As a technology leader and visionary, you will bring your technical expertise to lead the design and development of Sonos Voice Experience Studio. You will serve your internal customers with an extreme attention to usability, efficiency and scalability.
You will work closely with the other teams crafting Sonos Voice Experience and will lead execution from initial product requirement gathering down to specification, development, validation and deployment.
As a people leader, you will live and breathe Sonos core values: respect, transparency, collaboration, ownership. You will lead your team respectfully, providing ambitious directions and supporting your people’s development. You will foster collaboration inside and outside of your team working closely with a variety of groups to make Sonos’ vision a reality: machine learning scientists, computational linguists, cloud infrastructure.
You will support your internal customers with a high sense of customer service as Sonos Voice Studio is being used every day. You will seek feedback, understand complex machine learning training workflows and foster a culture of continuous improvement and continuous delivery within your team.
Skills You’ll Need:
This role requires a deep knowledge of what it takes to bring advanced web applications to production, leadership, and very good communication skills. As a successful candidate, you are passionate about tackling (and solving) challenging problems. You can confidently talk about Fullstack web major technologies, deployment practices, architecture paradigms and you can explain those in simple terms. You have a can-do attitude with hands-on software engineering experience - you’re not afraid to jump on tasks that are preventing the project from moving on if the team is short-handed.
- 6+ years experience in web based product development and deployment engineering roles
- 2 years in a people management position or track-record in technical mentoring which you are willing to convert into your first management role
- Successfully shipped software products at scale in fast paced environments
- Collaborative spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You believe communication and documentation is critical to a project’s success
- Experience on some of the frontend technologies we use: React with hooks, TypeScript, GraphQL
- Experience on some of the backend technologies we use: Python, Scala, Node.js
- Experience in Devops technologies we use: Docker, github actions, AWS
- Experience using git and github
- Experience in mockups/wireframes to clarify product goals and requirements
- You’ll be meeting with the hiring manager to present your experience and motivations for the role.
- If you pass this gate, you’ll then have 7 days to execute a fun homework challenge with a bit of coding to demonstrate your capacity to assimilate information, design a solution and share your thinking.
- You’ll present your work to 2 or 3 of our team members.
- If successful, you’ll meet with Sonos Voice group lead to confirm we are all aligned.
- And if this last step goes well we’ll have the pleasure to work together !