- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos online customer experience. You’ll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You’ll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. And most importantly, you’ll be ensuring that our web presence is as robust and stable as it can be.
Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and scale a global web experience showcasing Sonos products. You’ll make them beautiful wherever they live: desktop, mobile, or app. You’ll work across team and disciplinary boundaries, and you’ll be free to do what you do best.
Sonos is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work within our Web team to design and build cutting-edge experiences with a focus on backend systems, enabling music lovers everywhere to acquire and use our products and services in new and exciting ways. Combine your love of technology, music, and system design while pushing our web properties to new heights!
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and scale our web systems and integrations
- Turn your in-depth knowledge of web architecture into stable and robust backend solutions supporting our various customer touchpoints (web, controller, smart speaker)
- Write clear, reliable, maintainable code with an understanding of web standards and best practices.
- Exercising your extremely strong technical aptitude while staying updated on the current state of web technology.
- Communicating your solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop and mentor junior engineers, paying your knowledge forward.
What You’ll Need
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience writing and implementing APIs
- Experience architecting backend systems that interact with third-party APIs, eCommerce platforms, and finance platforms (ERP)
- Experience with the use and configuration of cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) and Content Delivery Networks (Akamai, Cloudfront)
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with development on the Salesforce platforms (Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Commerce Cloud)
- Experience with web performance optimization
- Experience implementing headless eCommerce solutions