- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer on the Sonos for Business team, you will design and build the next generation Sonos software platform that modernizes our user experience for business opportunities. Our services must be performant, globally available, and support millions of connected devices. The Business Grade Control team is giving business owners full control of their Sonos system on the LAN and through the cloud. We are adding enterprise grade functionality to a well known and popular consumer product. This is an opportunity to solve challenging problems without obvious solutions and deliver the best user experience across the Sonos Platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Use your C/C++ skills to develop APIs that facilitate remote access to Sonos devices worldwide.
- Collaborate with cloud team members to develop solutions in our embedded software platform.
- Architect solutions that ensure clean SDK integrations into existing mobile and cloud codebases.
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and write design documents that shape how the team solves problems.
- Help improve software best practices.
- Mentor teammates to expand their technical competencies.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ development
- Ability to effectively engage in written and verbal technical communication.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology.
- Degree in Computer Science, related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with cloud, RESTful APIs, and HTTP technologies.
- Experience with TCP, UDP and other networking protocols.
- Experience with memory management, multi-threaded development and optimizations.
- Understanding of API design and experience developing an API platform and/or SDK.
- Embedded/IoT application development a plus.
- Familiarity with web application security, TLS/SSL, OAuth.
- Experience interfacing with a cloud platform provider (AWS, GCP)