- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do to the best work of their lives.We are building Sonos Business to bring this experience into new commercial market segments. We are both marshalling our existing technology as well as building new functionality in support of these new customer scenarios. As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will take on a key central role developing our nascent product team at Sonos. You will lead a talented team with a broad set of skills spanning embedded firmware, large scale cloud services, web, mobile and desktop applications. You’ll view shipping V1 as the starting line and will rapidly and continuously learn from our customers and iterate.
- Support a group of high performing engineers to become a team noteworthy for its culture and predictable, and machine like execution.
- Manage all the stages of multiple concurrent large engineering projects from concept to design through implementation, release, and ongoing refinement. This includes staffing allocation, project management and technical communication, and cross-group coordination.
- Hire, mentor, and retain top engineering talent.
- Mentor team members in software development skills and leadership responsibilities. Help guide their professional development and grow their careers.
- Collaborate with Product Team partners to establish and continuously refine aggressive but realistic roadmaps.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of leading teams in software development.
- Experience managing engineers of all levels.
- Unrelenting customer focus.
- Passion for elegant, efficient and scalable software development approaches.
- Experience leading large software projects.
- Strong technical background and proven track record shipping customer facing complex solutions spanning cloud, web, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Polyglot excited to bring your horsepower to bear across a variety of problem spaces and technologies.