- San Francisco
- United States
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Date Posted
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
This role can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States or Canada - any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
As a Senior Mobile Applications Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the software that our customers interact with every day. You will create experiences that allow users to configure their systems and control the content that they listen to. You will work on our iOS and/or Android apps on multidisciplinary, agile teams.
If you love music, solving ambitious software problems, and doing things the right way every time, we’d like to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Create technical designs for and implement features in the Sonos iOS and/or Android apps.
- Collaborate with software engineers, PM, QA and UX to design and deliver unique, innovative new features that delight our customers.
- Participate in the team process, using Agile methodologies to adapt and continuously improve.
- Mentor your teammates in best practices for developing software.
What You’ll Need
- You have experience programming in Swift & Objective-C OR Kotlin & Java.
- You have contributed to an app that is available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- You are skilled at investigating issues and solving problems.
- You have experience with common source code control systems (e.g. git).
- Your written and verbal communication skills are strong.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline OR relevant experience.
- You may be experienced with performance tuning mobile applications.
- You may have designed APIs.
- You may have experience with C++, Flutter, or Web Development.
- You may have exposure to Cloud, Windows, macOS, or Firmware Development.
- You may be knowledgeable in asynchronous development, networking, or bluetooth.