- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
Santa Barbara, CA,Seattle, WA,Remote - US CT,Boston, MA,Remote,US Kansas,Remote - US California,Washington DC,Remote - US Washington,Montpelier, VT,Richmond, VA,Austin, TX,Nashville, TN,Remote - US Massachusetts,Philadelphia, PA,Portland, OR,Columbus, OH,Reno, NV,Trenton, NJ,Concord, NH,Raleigh, NC,Minneapolis, MN,Portland, ME,Baltimore, MD,Remote,US Utah,Chicago, IL,Remote - US Michigan,Remote - Idaho,Des Moines, IA,Remote - US Louisiana,Remote - US North Dakota,Atlanta, GA,Remote - US South Dakota,Miami, FL,Remote - US Missouri,Denver, CO,Phoenix, AZ,Montgomery, AL,New York, NY
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for creating, updating, and running all the content on the Sonos Developer Portal, the resource our external partners use to integrate with Sonos. The Senior Technical Writer will need to distill technical content from a variety of sources, determining what’s meaningful, and expressing the information to developers in a simple and uncomplicated way. This role is both crucial to communicate with our partners but also advocating for those same partners with our product teams. If you are proactive and detail oriented, enjoy technical problem solving and excel in both written and verbal communication this is the job for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with our software development teams to deliver professional technical documentation that explain how Sonos’ APIs and SDKs work for developers from partner companies.
- Write developer guides and quick-start tutorials and organize them into an easy-to-navigate developer portal and evolve over time with our products.
- Document code samples to support the developers.
- Act as an advocate for Sonos music service partners and API developers.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical writing; experience with API documentation required
- A Bachelor degree in a writing or technical field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding and experience handling online content in Markdown, HTML, XML, and JSON
- Ability to work with a diverse group of standards and protocols, such as SOAP, UPnP, SSDP, mDNS, Websockets, RESTful APIs and OAuth
- Applicants should have a portfolio available for viewing